Calm down

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My last mow is mid october sometimes with enough fertilizer end of sep I can go all the way to november.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We cut fescue all year. Things will slow down the end of November. That gives me 3 months to build a mower. Going to try and build one anyways. Going to make a frame and a deck and add what I think are the best parts.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

metz12

Threads
We cut fescue all year. Things will slow down the end of November. That gives me 3 months to build a mower. Going to try and build one anyways. Going to make a frame and a deck and add what I think are the best parts.

you going to use that mower in the mowing season or sell it?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
you going to use that mower in the mowing season or sell it?

I will keep it don't know yet how good it's all going to work. The frame and deck are easy to build.

I am taking what I have heard on here and what I like. Going to try and build it with things people have said they wish a riding mower had or could do. More for fun than anything else. This will be my third one.

metz12

Threads
what kind of things are you going to try to do? make a zero turn lawn tractor? that would be sweet

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
what kind of things are you going to try to do? make a zero turn lawn tractor? that would be sweet

No that's to easy.

4wd with option to free wheel the front wheels.

Going to use mtds drive set up but with a 6 speed rear end so you can cut grass at 4 mph or go to the store at 30 mph.

42 inch deck with 4 blades Not sure what brand spindles yet.

Steering will be a rack

That's the basic plan

metz12

Threads
well if you want to go 30mph, then i would want to have a rack and pinion! how are you going to do the whole belt deal with a deck? i assume your putting a bigger pulley on the engine for the drive belt to make it faster?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
well if you want to go 30mph, then i would want to have a rack and pinion! how are you going to do the whole belt deal with a deck? i assume your putting a bigger pulley on the engine for the drive belt to make it faster?

No need for a bigger pulley.

The deck will have two 5/8 belts

This is how the drive works
Take a MTD with a two gear trans and swap the rear end with a 6 speed off a craftsman using the rear end pulley off the MTD so you still have the 7 speeds on the MTD plus the 6 one the rear end from the craftsman.