Fuel question regarding oil ratio

Dscheoeder83

Threads
I was wondering is there anything wrong with running a few pieces of equip with more oil than called for? My string trimmer (weedeater brand) is 40:1, the chainsaw and hedge trimmer (husqvarna products) are 50:1. Would rather not have 2 separate mixes. I run echo power blend oil. I know it may cause more smoke/possible faster plug fowling...I can live with that. Any major issues it could cause?

possum

Threads
A great deal of argument on this. Warranty issues, exhaust plugging, change in fuel air mix, and even damage to the planet. I run 32 to one in everything. I have for several years. Can you do it? Sure. Should you do it? That is for you to decide.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have switch from four fuel cans, each with a different ratio, to one can for all equipment I work on. The oil I use in this can is OPTI-2. You can use this for all ratios in equipment from 24/1 through 50/1 with no problems.

Dscheoeder83

Threads
So if I understand on the opti oil you use one "ratio" for all equipment?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I thought every one just ran 32:1

I run it in trimmers / saws / blower / dirt bike / boat / and even run a gallon in my mowers every few weeks

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It helps burn carbon off of the valves and piston.
Back when cars ran carbs I fast tuneup you would pour water down the carb or marvel mystery oil
Now we have stuff like sea foam

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
32/1 has not been a recommend ratio for most equipment for over ten years. First went to 40/1 and now most manufacturers have switched to 50/1. Synthetic lubes are becoming more popular and in my opinion will replace all individual ratios in the next few years.

Threads
It helps burn carbon off of the valves and piston.
Back when cars ran carbs I fast tuneup you would pour water down the carb or marvel mystery oil
Now we have stuff like sea foam

OK...thanks!