John Deere LT 155 K51 transmission-need help

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should replace the old oil if you think it is low...
The old oil will look clean but with time on it, it will shear down and needs replaced... (especially mineral oil)... Replace with a good multi viscosity Synthetic engine oil... Like mobil1 5w 50 or 20w 50...
Here is t/torque listing of quantity... looks to be about 2 and a half Quarts... : https://www.tufftorqservices.com/EnvEEdefault/FlatHTML/TechInfo/docs/TFluidGrease.htm
:smile:KennyV

AGR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you check / add oil to the K51 trans ? It's in a Deere LT 155. and if so, what kind of oil ?

5w50 full synthetic oil is now recommended 2 quarts

Dan Bryant

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know what the difference between a K51A and a K51B TUFF TORQ hydrostatic transmission is on the JOHN DEERE LT 155? I recently put in a new pump and pump motor in the transmission but there is one part I am not sure if I installed it correct, the motor housing which I have a red x on it in the posted photos. I am not sure if I need to have it the way now or turn it upside down with narrow end facing up. The schematics they show are not helpful on the tuff torq site. An actual photo is much better to see clearly. The last photo is when I first opened the transmission up. I took a photo to know how everything is put together. But as you can see the pump motor housing is facing different than what they have in the schematics. Do you think something was put together wrong at the factory?

I know it's a few years to late but I didn't see anyone come up with a fix. But here is a quick answer your reading the schematics wrong "Don't ask how I know" If you flipped you transmission upside down to drain and work on it then you need to read the schematics upside down also. Your looking at it as your work is upside down and your schematics are right side up, Do you see what I mean? again " Don't ask how I know this" lol