hustler super mini won't starti

joboy1937

Threads
mu hustler 25 hp kawa just clicks when I turn the key. I have replaced the battery, new solonoid and rebuilt starter. I have 14 volts on the battery side of the solonoid. Is the stsrter solonoid and starter relay 2 diffirent animals. if so where is the starter relay. I can turn the flywheel so the motor isn't frozen up. thanks for any help.

joboy1937

Threads
mu hustler 25 hp kawa just clicks when I turn the key. I have replaced the battery, new solonoid and rebuilt starter. I have 14 volts on the battery side of the solonoid. Is the stsrter solonoid and starter relay 2 diffirent animals. if so where is the starter relay. I can turn the flywheel so the motor isn't frozen up. thanks for any help.

uipdated question
I'm beginning to suspect the "rebuilt starter" I ran a heavy duty jumper from the positive terminal on the battery to the side ternimal on the starter. nothing happened. I can see the head of the starter and it does not move. Can you think of anything other than a defective starter. I would already have it off but is near impossible to get off and it is impossible to reinstall.:
thanks

joboy1937

Threads
ok
that problem solved. IT was a broken battery ground wire.
new problem
there is a small ground wire attached to the block about 8 inches from the solonoid-where does the other end go ??

gabowman

Threads
joboy, sorry you arent getting any answers and I cannot help either. I hope you get everything fixed and welcome to the forums.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
ok
that problem solved. IT was a broken battery ground wire.
new problem
there is a small ground wire attached to the block about 8 inches from the solonoid-where does the other end go ??

I would say that the wire should be on one of the solenoid mounting bolts that attach the solenoid to the frame.