Gt48xls and gt52xls differences?

R1campr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, does anyone know the differences of these two garden tractors? Like their transaxles, the 48 is tough torq k66 i think, and the 52 is a hydro. The 48 has locking differential, push button, and the 52 is automatic? Im assuming like limited slip. Which would have better control mowing grass on slopes of about 13 degrees?
What is the difference of their engines? The 48 has 27 hp briggs endurance and the 52 has a 24 hp kawasaki. Both similar cc's. both have 3 year waarranty. Which would do better on slopes 1 to 2 acres. I would think the 48 would do less scalping of rough land?
Anyone have recomendations between these two tractors?

phcaan

Threads
Hi all, does anyone know the differences of these two garden tractors? Like their transaxles, the 48 is tough torq k66 i think, and the 52 is a hydro. The 48 has locking differential, push button, and the 52 is automatic? Im assuming like limited slip. Which would have better control mowing grass on slopes of about 13 degrees?
What is the difference of their engines? The 48 has 27 hp briggs endurance and the 52 has a 24 hp kawasaki. Both similar cc's. both have 3 year waarranty. Which would do better on slopes 1 to 2 acres. I would think the 48 would do less scalping of rough land?
Anyone have recomendations between these two tractors?
I own a 2011 GTH27V52LS and I have the Hydro Gear trans. My unit does not have the locking rear end, however it seems to do just fine. There have been a couple of places on my place where I lost traction however I just approached those spots a different way and have had no problem. My tractor has the 27hp briggs engine which at first I was cautious about but upon further research and having run it for a while I am completely pleased with it. The 52" cuts at a faster speed that I thought it would and does a great job. The fabricated deck seems bullet proof and does a great job.
I notice on this forum folks don't seem to answer back very often so I hope I have helped.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own a 2011 GTH27V52LS and I have the Hydro Gear trans. My unit does not have the locking rear end, however it seems to do just fine. There have been a couple of places on my place where I lost traction however I just approached those spots a different way and have had no problem. My tractor has the 27hp briggs engine which at first I was cautious about but upon further research and having run it for a while I am completely pleased with it. The 52" cuts at a faster speed that I thought it would and does a great job. The fabricated deck seems bullet proof and does a great job.
I notice on this forum folks don't seem to answer back very often so I hope I have helped.

I stand corrected in my previous reply to you....it seems that the 52" Husqvarna lawn tractors do NOT have the locking differential hydro tranny, just thr GT48XLS and the GT54LS(I thought all the XLS and LS had them). At first, I thought the locking differentail would be a huge advantage(especially on slopes or uneven lawns), but I have read some user reviews indicating that is not the case. Sooooo, I would recommend that the OP consider the GT52XLS which actually has a $100 less MSRP than the GT48XLS(I guess because of the tranny).

phcaan

Threads
I stand corrected in my previous reply to you....it seems that the 52" Husqvarna lawn tractors do NOT have the locking differential hydro tranny, just thr GT48XLS and the GT54LS(I thought all the XLS and LS had them). At first, I thought the locking differentail would be a huge advantage(especially on slopes or uneven lawns), but I have read some user reviews indicating that is not the case. Sooooo, I would recommend that the OP consider the GT52XLS which actually has a $100 less MSRP than the GT48XLS(I guess because of the tranny).

I have read about the problems with the auto locking diff also. The tractors that have a switch for a manual lock seem to be great, but I have read of problems with the auto lockers. I read that in some cases Husqvarna has actually replaced the auto locker with the standard non-locking trans for customers.
I wanted a locking trans, but have had no real problems with not having it. Looking back I guess it was best that I got the standard non locker.

R1campr

Forum Newbie
Threads
How does the auto lock transaxle work? Is that on the gt52xls? Also on the gt48xls, can you change the oil in the tranny? Ive read that some tuff torq s are sealed and you cant change the oil unless you pull the tranny.i saw the gt52xls has a hydro gear tranny and can change the oil in it, along with a filter.

phcaan

Threads
How does the auto lock transaxle work? Is that on the gt52xls? Also on the gt48xls, can you change the oil in the tranny? Ive read that some tuff torq s are sealed and you cant change the oil unless you pull the tranny.i saw the gt52xls has a hydro gear tranny and can change the oil in it, along with a filter.

The GTH2752LS has no locking trans at all. As far as I can tell you still need to pull the trans and turn it upside down to drain the oil. It does have a fill hole and a level check plug as well as the spin on filter.
I just received a new filter and 3 quarts of Amsoil 20-50 for the project this fall.

knzhonda1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the GT54LS with manual lock differential. The locking/unlocking system works great. However you to activate the system you do need to stop, press the switch and give the system a few ( 2-3) seconds to activate. It does come in handy from time to time.

The deck came with what Husqvarna calls Evolution blade system. No tools needed to change blades. The blades were hard to find and a bit pricey. I converted mine to standard star type spindles and blades. Cuts much better.

I would like to change the deck to 48 inch as I need to mow two cemeteries and the more narrow deck would allow more maneuverability. As of yet I can't find out if the Husq. 48" deck will interchange with my tractor. I get no response from Husq. service emails or calls. Any ideas?