How to remove PTO cable from deck on 2013 Bronco mower

rrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to remove PTO cable from deck on 2013 Bronco mower
I am trying to remove the deck on my 2013 Bronco and ran into a problem I need some advice on. The manual says to remove the PTO cable from the rear of the cutting deck by removing the hair pin clip which secures it. I had no problem removing the hair pin clip, but don't see how the cable can be removed. Is there some trick to it that I haven't figured out maybe? I can't see how removing the hair pin clip helps with removing the cable. Help!!! Hopefully someone here with more knowledge than me can give me some advice.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It should allow you to pull back and wiggle the cable plastic out of the metal holder, and move it forward and wiggle it out of the hole that the cable is attached to. If you need more specific help, post the tractor's model numbers off of the tag under the seat.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some of the mowers also have fingers that stick out where the hair pin clip was also. they may need to be depressed to pull the cable out of the mount.

rrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
It should allow you to pull back and wiggle the cable plastic out of the metal holder, and move it forward and wiggle it out of the hole that the cable is attached to. If you need more specific help, post the tractor's model numbers off of the tag under the seat.

Thanks for your prompt response. I've tried every which way to wiggle it free, but no luck so far. The tractor model is 13YX78KS011. It's probably something simple, but guess I'm too dumb to figure it out. Sure appreciate any help you can give.

rrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some of the mowers also have fingers that stick out where the hair pin clip was also. they may need to be depressed to pull the cable out of the mount.

I don't see any fingers, but it appears that it needs to be rotated to remove, but I can't figure out how to do it. I took a picture of it and am trying to include it here, but not sure how to do that.

Attachments

• Mower deck 004.jpg
    Mower deck 004.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 16

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just pull it hard back to the right and lift it up!!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
wiggle and just pull back!!!

rrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
wiggle and just pull back!!!

Eureka!! It worked!! Thanks a million, you guys are spot on for sure! Thanks again, y'all have a great day!!

rrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I find that this advice works in almost all situations!!!!!

How right you are, and not just with lawn mowers, lol!!