Best Brand of Gas Leaf Blower

appalachianhiker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the market for a new gas handheld leaf blower and I just wanted to see what everyone recommended. I really like the Husqvarna 125BXV. I have also heard Stihl brand is about as good as it gets. What do you guys think?

CauZey

Threads
I have and use a stihl BG55 handheld and I have no issues with it . Ill prob always have one of them

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Stihl BG 86 hand held and a Stihl BR 600 back pack blower, the difference in air flow has caused me to retire the BG 86!! I was just at my local Stihl/Scag dealer and I see that Stihl has come out with several new back pack models and improved the BR 600. Pricey but much more effective, so check out the Stihl back packs some of which have 4 stroke engines but still mix fuel/oil. I'm not anti Husqvarna, my chain saws are all Husqvarnas, I like they way they handle compared to Stihl saws and much easier to work on.
Mad Mackie in CT

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kind of like asking which team has the best looking cheerleaders, gonna be a fight !!!!

Actually both are fine, but buy from a dealer, not Lowes.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Dolmar 4 stroke handheld seem to be a good product. And is quiet compared to 2 stroke blowers. 50 hour oil changes, 200 hour valve adjustments. uses 2.7 ounces of 10w30 oil in the crankcase, and just use straight gas.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually my Stihl hand held blower was a SH 86 C-E which is a blower/vac. I seldom used the vac as it would suck up small rocks that could damage the shredder blade so I stopped using the shredder/vac part of it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, most Dolmar dealers post this so that folks have at least heard of the brand "Dolmar"

metz12

Threads
well if your looking for something cheap and small, i would recommend this: Weed Eater Gas Blower - Walmart.com i have it for just cleaning up wood chips when cutting wood, crass clippings, and also i used it for leaves last fall and it worked pretty well. the thing is also really good on gas. and light too! it could be more powerful, but its just what i want.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am in the market for a new gas handheld leaf blower and I just wanted to see what everyone recommended. I really like the Husqvarna 125BXV. I have also heard Stihl brand is about as good as it gets. What do you guys think?

Actually the best bang for the dollar would be the Stihl BG 55. You get the 27.2 cc engine and it will produce 418 cfm at the nozzle with 140 mph/velocity. That's the round nozzle. The cost on the BG 55 is like 149.95 The 125BVX 28cc engine will give you 425 cfm with 130 mph, there's a little difference in air volume but in my opinion it's not worth the 50.00 difference in price. There both good blowers it just depends on how much money you want to spend.