Considering a Hustler..Need Advice

Tom59

Threads
QUOTE=PVHIII;127413]Buy the Fastrak Super duty...the main reason is the commercial grade engine...seems like they're ALOT stronger.I had a Raptor with a 23.5 Kaw FS (non commercial) and took it back and Bought the Fastrak SD 48 inch with a 24 HP FX series Kaw and seems like I've doubled in HP...commercial engines are ALOT stouter than their counterparts the FS series engines.I didn't realize that until I got my. New mower...I thought HP was HP[/QUOTE]

First, the FS is a commercial grade engine. Secondly , the Raptor has the FR engines. Which are NOT. I spoke to a big dealer for small engines and if you took a few minutes to sort through the dyno test for each engine the FS and FX are identical. The biggest difference is the donaldson air cleaner setup , also the MAIN reason why the price is higher.

I've already posted dyno sheets for them in another thread. I was told by the dealer they are slightly different but he had no clue what was different so I looked it up.

They are both used on their residential mowers from Hustler. SD is residential according to Hustler same as the FT. Also if you use facts the FS691 makes more HP/TQ. I believe because of the air cleaner setup...or engine discrepancies.

I drove both and mowed with both FX691 and the FS691 , small differences again , except the the air cleaner for commercial use.
The price difference is 200.00 which is almost exactly the cost of the donaldson setup -

FS691V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products

FX691V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products

PVHIII

Threads
QUOTE=PVHIII;127413]Buy the Fastrak Super duty...the main reason is the commercial grade engine...seems like they're ALOT stronger.I had a Raptor with a 23.5 Kaw FS (non commercial) and took it back and Bought the Fastrak SD 48 inch with a 24 HP FX series Kaw and seems like I've doubled in HP...commercial engines are ALOT stouter than their counterparts the FS series engines.I didn't realize that until I got my. New mower...I thought HP was HP

First, the FS is a commercial grade engine. Secondly , the Raptor has the FR engines. Which are NOT. I spoke to a big dealer for small engines and if you took a few minutes to sort through the dyno test for each engine the FS and FX are identical. The biggest difference is the donaldson air cleaner setup , also the MAIN reason why the price is higher.

I've already posted dyno sheets for them in another thread. I was told by the dealer they are slightly different but he had no clue what was different so I looked it up.

They are both used on their residential mowers from Hustler. SD is residential according to Hustler same as the FT. Also if you use facts the FS691 makes more HP/TQ. I believe because of the air cleaner setup...or engine discrepancies.

I drove both and mowed with both FX691 and the FS691 , small differences again , except the the air cleaner for commercial use.
The price difference is 200.00 which is almost exactly the cost of the donaldson setup -

FX691V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected lol

PVHIII

Threads
Check out the Kubota before you buy. They are tough and they will getter done.

Test drove and mowed with a Bota before I bought my Hustler... steering was a lot smoother on the Hustler and I just don't care for Kohler engines which is what the Bota had...just thought the Hustler was a better buy with a better warranty as well

Tom59

Threads
Test drove and mowed with a Bota before I bought my Hustler... steering was a lot smoother on the Hustler and I just don't care for Kohler engines which is what the Bota had...just thought the Hustler was a better buy with a better warranty as well

I did the same thing also the Kubota deck isn't free floating. They also had recalls on gas tanks or something related. I also test drove both my other choice honestly was the Scag Freedom Z at the very end. Gravely too until the dealer shot himself in the foot twice.

I drove a bunch of them all very similar...The scags are always left out but they are formidable mowers. Kubota when I started looking was my first choice. Then the Kohler or Briggs only thing was a no go. I wanted a kawi , period. Kubota's are the best looking mower though.

So many ztr's in this class it comes down almost to what color you prefer. Dealers mattered too.

Tom59

Threads

FX691V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products

I stand corrected lol[/QUOTE]

:drink:

PVHIII

Threads
I did the same thing also the Kubota deck isn't free floating. They also had recalls on gas tanks or something related. I also test drove both my other choice honestly was the Scag Freedom Z at the very end. Gravely too until the dealer shot himself in the foot twice.

I drove a bunch of them all very similar...The scags are always left out but they are formidable mowers. Kubota when I started looking was my first choice. Then the Kohler or Briggs only thing was a no go. I wanted a kawi , period. Kubota's are the best looking mower though.

So many ztr's in this class it comes down almost to what color you prefer. Dealers mattered too.
Yeah....I made the mistake one time of buying a ZT without a CHAIN HUNG DECK...never again..as far as I'm concerned any ZT without it is garbage

PVHIII

Threads
Yeah....I made the mistake one time of buying a ZT without a CHAIN HUNG DECK...never again..as far as I'm concerned any ZT without it is garbage

And I agree the Kubota's are the best looking and Skag makes an excellent mower as well but I went with Hustler for the warranty andtbeir reputation for excellent customer support