Snapper 21" self propelled mower officially 20 years old and....

Erubi

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Snapper 21" self propelled mower officially 20 years old and....
I was out mowing and the self propelled poly v belt suddenly started shredding. I ordered a new belt, and put it on without a problem. Decided to try to finish the lawn and noticed the belt slipped off....upon investigation, found that the hex drive shaft is loose on the frame. Anybody ever seen this before? My thinking Is that the bearing went bad.

I love my snapper! My dad was a dealer in Michigan from 1965 to early '80's. Top notch mechanic, too!

tuit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 5 year old Snapper Hi-Vac mower. Took it to the mower shop for maintenance work and a few little issues. I was told that my hex bearing was also bad. Evidently it is a common problem. Tune up, change oil, sharpen blade, replace pull rope, refill gear box and replace bearing was under $100. Best I remember, the bearing was around $7 so it can't cost too much or be too hard to replace.

Erubi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 5 year old Snapper Hi-Vac mower. Took it to the mower shop for maintenance work and a few little issues. I was told that my hex bearing was also bad. Evidently it is a common problem. Tune up, change oil, sharpen blade, replace pull rope, refill gear box and replace bearing was under $100. Best I remember, the bearing was around $7 so it can't cost too much or be too hard to replace.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I figured out it was the bearing and just waiting to get it. I am my father's daughter, and love doing my own repairs!