S104

Oiltech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have one? Are they holding up? Just purchased 12.5 acres and there are 50 live oak trees each being 50 years old. I was planning on mowing the grass with my Kubota L3540 with a 84" finishing mower. I would have to purchase the mower. Anyway through discussions with different folks several have recommended I get a large ZTR to mow this property vs the tractor stating I could get it mowed faster with the ztr and I wouldn't have to fight the tractor cab under the trees. I would be giving up the AC cab though.:frown:

Tom59

Threads
I doubt anyone here has one yet seeing they are new and very limited use for most people 104" of deck is a lot of deck. That said it will save you hours on your cuts. Extremely manueverable and Hustler is a great co. These are sold more to municipalities than individuals I would guess.

I would feel safe in telling you the engine is a beast 35hp Kawasaki commercial FX series. I'd almost want diesel at that size though. I'd lean that way also you already run diesel fuel so makes more sense. That model has a optional soft/hard cab also...and attachments like a snow blower.
The 3700 only has a 84" deck but it still would be much faster. 15mph top speed would be sick.

I'd go check'em out but dealers probably don't stock them. That or buy a goat per acre - 12.5 goats. :biggrin:

Oiltech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks the only sneaux we get is the Cajun sneaux, frost on the coldest nights :laughing:

Tom59

Threads
Thanks the only sneaux we get is the Cajun sneaux, frost on the coldest nights :laughing:

Climate change is coming be prepared - they also have a sweeper ... If you get a flock of crawfish-or a school of gators you could sweep them into the bayou... :smile:

Imagine the only guy down there with a sneauxblower - people would come to see it. :laughing:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just checked out the operators manual for the 104, quite a machine, but you could buy two 72" rear discharge Hustlers for the price of the 104. I have a MoJack Pro for my X-ONE/60" rear discharge machine, not sure if the Pro would handle lifting a 104 to change the center deck blades. 5 blades on the 104, 4 different part numbers, two are left hand turning. My X-ONE has a L/H blade on the R/H side.
Mad Mackie in CT