not getting enough fuel to run properly

jtd777

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Yardman 158cc 5.00 briggs and Stratton. Would someone explain to me how to locate fuel filter.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very good chance it doesn't have a fuel filter.

jtd777

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very good chance it doesn't have a fuel filter.

The mower has only run about 15-20 hrs. Do you recommend that I do anything to carbeurator, maybe the butterfly valve sticking????

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you think you have bad fuel flow check it out first. If you don't have a shut off valve block off the fuel line as close to the fuel tank as you can ( clamp or vice grips). Remove fuel hose at carburetor and loosen your clamp with a container under the hose to catch the fuel. This will let you know if you have bad flow or not. I am taking a guess this is a push mower and has a fuel primer. Yes if you have been putting dirty gas into your mower you can well be having carburetor problems and need the carburetor cleaned.

jtd777

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you think you have bad fuel flow check it out first. If you don't have a shut off valve block off the fuel line as close to the fuel tank as you can ( clamp or vice grips). Remove fuel hose at carburetor and loosen your clamp with a container under the hose to catch the fuel. This will let you know if you have bad flow or not. I am taking a guess this is a push mower and has a fuel primer. Yes if you have been putting dirty gas into your mower you can well be having carburetor problems and need the carburetor cleaned.

Thanks for the info, I will try after work and let you know tomorrow.