HELP HRR216 vxa Rear Height Lever Replacement

aggie_67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have been an DIY for 68 yrs and thought this would be an easy job but swear the part must have been welded in as I can't figure out for the life of me how to get to it. Cut to the chase, have removed the wheel, cover, etc and am presently at the picture below:

Want to replace lever height adjust level.

Attachments

• IMG_0475_1.jpg
    IMG_0475_1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 86

Crownman

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I took a 2167VKA apart there was a snap ring on the axle. The outermost piece on the axle in your pic was the same size but was just a spacer and the snap ring was behind it. See if that piece might just be held on tight with a little rust. If it does I bet there's a snap ring behind it.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Want to replace lever height adjust level.

Some versions of the HRR216VXA have a single lever to adjust the rear height, while others use a separate lever for each rear wheel. Which type do you have?

I can post some exact diagrams for either. If you're not sure, on the back of the mower deck is a serial number sticker, look for the serial number in the form of MXXX-1234567 and share that with me so I can reference the correct materials/documents...

aggie_67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some versions of the HRR216VXA have a single lever to adjust the rear height, while others use a separate lever for each rear wheel. Which type do you have?

I can post some exact diagrams for either. If you're not sure, on the back of the mower deck is a serial number sticker, look for the serial number in the form of MXXX-1234567 and share that with me so I can reference the correct materials/documents...

It is a single lever, SN MZCG 7876841

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's the part list and the R&R procedure for the trans, which shows how to remove the adjuster parts...

vxa1of4_zps57a2d3cc.jpg

vxa2of4_zpsa1dd2110.jpg

vxa3of4_zps8c381cee.jpg

vxa4of4_zpsf078a2a4.jpg

mbergertn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can anyone provide the part number for the read deck adjustment lever? Mine broke this morning and I need to replace it.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can anyone provide the part number for the read deck adjustment lever? Mine broke this morning and I need to replace it.

Should be 42960-VL0-B00ZA, list price $9.70.

42960-VL0-B00ZA_01cw.jpg

Google any part number to find a Honda Dealer selling it online, or use this link to find a Honda Dealer in your area: Find A Honda Dealer