Hi from the Deep South!

Pika

Threads
Well, it hasn't happened in 13 years, but here in the deep south, we got some big snow this year! Over half a foot! It's great! Except that I lack the equipment to clear it away, but that's a minor thing, really, since it is likely to melt in the next week.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Alabama...
And welcome to this great forum.

Snow in your area is more of a novelty but I do realize it is very inconvenient for those that must get around...
If you don't have to travel in it go out and enjoy while you have it... build a Calvin & Hobbes type snow man.... http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/w...0/01/Calvin-and-Hobbes-snowman-nightmares.jpg
give your neighbors a reason to smile about SNOW... play while you can... :smile:KennyV

Kingwood990

Threads
Welcome to this great forum Pika.
You will find many helpful people here.

Wayne195

Threads
Welcome to Lawnmowerforum Pika!:smile:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Pika-

Where are you in Alabama? I have a place in Cleburne County, a few miles north of I-20, within a mile of the GA/AL line.

The snow has been unusual so far this season. We're just not set up to deal with it in the deep south.:biggrin:

173abn

Threads
Pika,welcome to LMF.Is it just me or do you think the kids nowdays get more snow days off?When I was a kid many yrs ago don't remember getting snowdays off. russ

Pika

Threads
Kenny, those snowmen are awesome! I love that someone brought C&H into real life!

Thanks for the welcome!

Two-Stroke, I'm a little north of you, in Jackson County.

173abn, yes! They definitely get more snow days off in the south (when it snows) than we would have when I was growing up in the north! This six inches of snow we got wouldn't have even slowed us down when I was a kid!