Snapper Lt 1205

jed62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I am new to LMF and I have an issue someone may be able to help me with. The battery is fully charged but My snapper will not start when it gets below freezing. There is no click from the starter, No headlights nothing. I put the jump pack on it still nothing. Go out next time its 35 degrees or so and it starts right up, no need to jump. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of the switches in the starter circuit is bad or has a bad connection...
If you are not use to wringing out wiring problems, you will be by the time you trace the problem down...
Really not hard to do, just will take a little time and patience...
Start at the battery and work toward the starter...
You are going to go through several switches including the key switch and possibly a safety switch or two ... the pto switch, if it has one is easy to check out... :smile:KennyV
BTW ... welcome to LMF... if you have any questions, post back... I'm sure we can walk you through this & find the intermittent problem...

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Having just reread your original post... oops.
Since you have no lights when this happens I will place the problem between the battery and the key switch.
The MOST likely place to start looking is the ground connections. Check the battery negative where it connects to the frame.
If you have a main fuse between the battery and the switch check it and the connections at that fuse... :smile:KennyV

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I have moved this thread to the Snapper forum. :thumbsup: