Anybody use E3 spark plugs

Hoddykubody

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey I am like anyone else I want my equipment working as good or better as time goes on . This spring when doing my equipment (trimmers in this case) thorough inspection I thought
I would change out the plugs . Well I did replace with what stock had in it but have read about these E3 plugs . Are they a performance enhancer ? Looking for any and all advantages I can in equipment improvments . T hanks Hoddykubody

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't expect too much from gimmicky, funny electrode, spark plugs. They tend to foul more easily than a conventional plug.
Multi post, funny Y shapes, X shapes have came and went over the years. The best design is still the traditional single post to single electrode. Get a good platinum or iridium needle point and you will most likely never need to change the plug ever again. KennyV

Fixitlane

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got to agree, they aren't worth the hype. Friend who teaches auto mechanics says they are the worst plugs on the market for fouling and mis-fires

Hoddykubody

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks fellas - will stick to stock plugs. Just wanted some insight on these things.

rebelbull

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have one in my 1986 Montgomery wards 12hp It seemed to start faster but could have just been in my head
It hasnt fouled on me yet its about two years old
but nine dollars is alot for a plug lol
still looks brand new though

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have one in my 1986 Montgomery wards 12hp It seemed to start faster but could have just been in my head
It hasnt fouled on me yet its about two years old
but nine dollars is alot for a plug lol
still looks brand new though

Wow if it is working ok with that plug... just imagine how well it would run with a real spark plug. :wink:

indypower

Threads
E3, split-fire and all those others are GIMMICK plugs that do nothing better than a regular sprk plug. They just cost more and are in fact more trouble some.

Pochie

Threads
I put two in my Sears 21.5 HP mower in June 2007 and have not cleaned them yet (4/12). It does seem to get more time mowing with less gas. Other than those plugs, I never really noticed any difference but usually lean toward Autolite plugs. Just my experience with E3's. They were $6.00 each at Advance Auto. They do not seem to make E3 plugs for my Cub Cadet...17 HP Kohler. Pochie

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said 2 years ago... if it's working well with the gimmick spark plug... Just imagine how well it would work with an Actual spark plug...
:smile:KennyV