2006 John Deere X520

Kingwood990

Threads
Well, that might be a hard choice to make! The 2305 Deere is great for blowing snow, especially with 4X4 and the rear mount 48" blower, the verdict is out on how it does cutting grass as I just got the 2305 only 3 weeks ago, and will be a few more months till I cut grass with it. I am sure I will enjoy cutting grass with it as well.

I love my 2007 Deere X744 AWS with 48" deck, really manuvers into tight spaces and has cut out a lot of unessary triming. I really like the features on the X744, has the same foot petal set up as your X520 plus very bright headlights and does a great job cutting. The X744 is really easy to service as well with the one piece hood simular to your X520.

I love my 455AWS as well, but is getting up there in age yet it only has 1205 hrs on it. So I guess I love all my mowers. The F1145 Deere likely will go for sale in the spring... Maybe... we will see.

Take Care Jason B

I wanted a 2305 when they first came out but it was way out of the budget.
I have heard the 2305's cut very well. Not 7-iron well but real good.

If I get the chance to get an older 400 series or X400/500 series I am going to jump on it, because those are my dream tractors.

The only thing I don't like about the X520 is the lack of rear lights. When I am mowing at night I can't see what I am about to run over.

I love all my tractors even the ones that don't run which is most of them.:ashamed:

JasonB

Threads
I wanted a 2305 when they first came out but it was way out of the budget.
I have heard the 2305's cut very well. Not 7-iron well but real good.

If I get the chance to get an older 400 series or X400/500 series I am going to jump on it, because those are my dream tractors.

The only thing I don't like about the X520 is the lack of rear lights. When I am mowing at night I can't see what I am about to run over.

I love all my tractors even the ones that don't run which is most of them.:ashamed:

The 2305 Deere actually has the same mower deck as what Deere offers for the X700 and the older X400/500 series Deere, so essentially if I decide not to cut grass with the 2305( which is a very small chance that I won't) I can put the 62" deck from my 2305 on the X744.
I did not buy my 2305 new, its actually a 2005 model with only 473hrs on the clock, so I should have it for a long time to come.

I Really love my Deere X744 AWS as well, the Rear tail lights/work lights are incredibly bright and really help for lighting up your view from behind. The front lights are bright as well. I got about 784hrs on the X744, I bought it with 693hrs in June of 2010 and was really put to good use cutting grass this year. The hrs should be more even this year with the addition of the Deere 2305.

Kingwood990

Threads
The 62'' deck will impress you. They cut really smooth and level for being so large.
I have been thinking about modifying the rear reflector lights with bulbs that come on with the head lights.
Right now I have 298.8 hours on the X520.

The 2305 should last a long time with so few hours on it. You can expect at least 2000 hours out of it.
And the X744 is one beast of a tractor. With 784 hours it is just broken in good.

JasonB

Threads
The 62'' deck will impress you. They cut really smooth and level for being so large.
I have been thinking about modifying the rear reflector lights with bulbs that come on with the head lights.
Right now I have 298.8 hours on the X520.

The 2305 should last a long time with so few hours on it. You can expect at least 2000 hours out of it.
And the X744 is one beast of a tractor. With 784 hours it is just broken in good.

Oh yeah! Those Yanmar Diesels are definately heavy duty with a lot of life in them, Even the Kawiski gas engines are built strong as well. Your X520 should last a long time as well. 298 hrs is still low for those mowers, they can easily run past the 1,000 hr mark with no problems. I have a gas powered 20hp Agco mower as well. Its got a 20hp air cooled gas engine in her and is still going strong at 1,337hrs. Your X520 should last you a long time.

I have seen a few JD 455 Diesel mowers pushing 4- 4,500hrs without a problem. Local John Deere had a 455 Deere in a couple years back that had( no joke!) 7,200 orginal hours & orginal hr meter. The tractor had the transmission rebuilt a couple of times, but the owner had never touched the engine. Still to be on the safe side I would not buy such a high hr mower but I have seen a few JD 455 Diesel mowers with over 4K hrs on them.

The X series mowers are great as well, my X744 is only 4 yrs old this year and with only 784 hrs it should last me a long time yet. Very comfortable tractor to run.

I do however believe the X500 series are a nice machine as well. I had the chance to put 40hrs on a brand new X534 AWS and it was a very nice mower.

I have heard good things about the 62" C deck and look forward to trying it out this spring.

Take Care Jason B

Kingwood990

Threads
Yanmar makes a great engine. I have seen some with over 2,000 hours and no major work done to them.

The main reason I bought the X520 is because I did not want to replace a mower every 4 years.
When the X520 turns 20 years old I am going to restore it and then use it another 20 years. The Kawasaki is the small engine I have used. Mine does the liquid cooled cold start smoke but it has done that since new.

If I can find a good deal on another X520 I am going to get it. I am sold on the X500 series. Sure they are not as good as the X700 series machines they are still very nice.

Most older 400 series machines around here have under 1000 hours. That is amazing 7,200 hours on the original engine. I think If I get 3,000 out of mine I will be happy.

SouthCentral

Threads
Thats my dream machine right there. :licking: Way more than I need but I'd get my mowing done a lot faster. :thumbsup:

Kingwood990

Threads
Do you have a blade or blower for it? Or is there not enough snow in North Carolina for that? :tongue:

Right now I only have the mower.
We have gotten enough snow in the past for a blade but I have another tractor for that.

SouthCentral

Threads
How much lawn do you mow with it? I only have .5 acre of lawn so a x520 would be overkill. Unless I did snow removal with it too then I think I could justify it. :laughing: