Murray Push Mower Won't Crank

Reignfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 11A-B24Z758 190cc 625 Series (2012) mower that stopped working. I originally bought it used at a discount when it wouldn't run. Looking inside there were a few parts missing and to get it to run I rigged up a spring to keep it revved up. It seemed to rev up too high but it worked perfectly for an entire season. If you look at the illustrated parts list on the Murray website it's on page 5. Later on it stopped running completely and won't start at all. When I pull the string everything turns including the blade but it won't even try to crank. I replaced the spark plug and did an oil change but that didn't help and the air filter is clean. Any advice?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try putting a small amount of gas into the carb, and see if it will start. If it starts and dies shortly, then time to remove and clean the carb. If you have the MTD engine on this mower, sometimes it is better to replace the carb, because from my experience they have a bad habit of putting the wrong needle valve in the carb kit.

Disreqard the MTD engine, because by agreement with Briggs, MTD has to use Briggs engine. the other advice is still valid, so give it a try.

Reignfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry for the late reply. Yes if I add a little gas or turn the mower on its side it'll fire up briefly (2 seconds) then cuts back off.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Time for a carb cleaning. if you have the bowl type carb, most likely the jet in the bowl nut is clogged. You may be able to just remove the nut, clean the jet and reinstall, and that may be all you need.

Reignfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took the carburetor apart and cleaned it really well but it still doesn't want to fire up. Any other suggestions?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you get the jet in the bowl nut. Most people miss it.