What About Dixie Choppers?

RockHound

Threads
My neighbor just bought a zero turn Dixie Chopper and he loves it. He says it is very low maintenance too, which is a plus for me. Does anyone else have one and how do you like it? I'm still looking for a rider to suit me.

FRISKY

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have used Dixie Chopper since 1999 and they are a great mower. I really wouldn't use anything else at this point.

Cuts fast
Cuts well
Good fuel economy
Easy to clean and service.

Wayne195

Threads
Dixie Choppers' are of the highest quality ztr's that are made!:thumbsup: But they tend to be very expensive...up to $13,000!

deerediesel755

Forum Newbie
Threads
My father owns 15 of them great machines speed power performance can't be beat from the diesel 72 inch down to the smaller 50 inch deck there great being his tech who fixes there low on the problem scale proper mantiance and care should last awhile id steal one of his to do my lawn but I like my jd 755 too much

Ogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kind of late piping in here but. I own a 2006 model 60 inch cut "high performance" model. Love it! I stopped buying the Dixie chopper brand blades because they didn't last a complete season for me. I started with the "X" blades setup and they sandblasted everything that I passed AND I had to buy a new set before the first cutting season had ended. I went with a flatter set purchased from Ag Supply and these blades last me two cutting seasons. I pull them off once per season and sharpen them but thye are GREAT blades....and cost 1/4 as much as a set of the "X" blade setup.
Dixie Chopper "X" blade set up (12 blades) for two years= $228.:thumbdown:
Ag Supply blades (3 blades) for two years+ $29.:thumbsup:

The Don'z

Threads
Purchased my first DC in 2009,, Classic 2760, I love it, still runs today as well as it did in 2009, have taken it through grass and weeds as high as the arm rests on the operators seat!!! no problems,, found out recently that our local "Discount Auto" store carries blades at about the same price I've been ordering them for and now I don't have to pay for shipping.
I don't think you can go wrong buying a Dixie Chopper.

indy2door

Forum Newbie
Threads
I owned a Silver Eagle LT2000-50D, bought new in 2006. A fantastic, zero issue machine. I sold it (big discount) to my son this spring and bought a new 2014 Classic 2750. Didn't care for the changes DC made to the 2015 models. I will put it up against any other ZTR on the market. Built like a tank.

Bud

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2004 Xt3200 and it runs about 3700 RPM while mowing but yesterday I noticed it was almost like the blades were slowing but the RPM's only dropped to 3680. What would cause this?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly please start a new thread rather than tack onto the bottom of another one.
Check under the deck for flotsum wrapped around the blade spindles