craftman 42",mower big problem

riderman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help. I was snow blowing my driveway the other day and BAM...the tractor stops dead. I finally drop down into the snow and see the primary drive belt is off. Tow the tractor with truck back to shed and pull out a walk behind blower. 2 days later I get replacement belt b/c I figure the old one has some life on it. Here is my problem.

Where the primary belts goes around the back pulley it seems to have bent down at a noticeable angle that pulley. I can see some cracks where the brackets that attach everything atop the gear box (i think). Now I can replace a belt but any ideas on this,
craftman 42" with 22 HP kohler engine. yt3000

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If something momentarily jammed the blower, that could overload the pulley supports and bend something... BUT most likely the bushing is worn out... A closer inspection will determine what you have.

That bushing is not very hard to replace. There are several very good tutorials on youtube covering your exact problem.
Check to see what it is and post back with what you find.
We;come to the Lawn Mower Forum... lets get your snow blowing. :smile:KennyV

riderman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The blower is not the problem. Its the tractor. When the primary drive belt slipped off the pulley(name??) it has bent the pulley bracket(name??)downward so I cannot line up the drive belt.

So the gear box,pulley bracket and pulley where the drive belt sits is now bent downward. I need to get this back up where it belongs??

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I have moved this thread to the Craftsman forum.

Albionwood

Threads
I'm having a hard time understanding which pulley you are talking about. Can you get some pics?