Problems Cub Cadet LT1045

tigger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this from my local dealer less than 1 mile from my home, as I own a 1986 Model and it runs great and starts every winter to plow snow . Very good tractor. I paid $1800 for the new unit, as I bought over an acre of land. It now has only 60 hours on it. Has been in for the valve cover gasket leak 4 times! It still leaks. Wouldnt start 1 time, back it went. Was backfiring when you turn it off, so back in it went. It blew the muffler completely apart! Had to wait for 3 weeks for the new 1. Had to use the old mower during this time. Thank god I still have it. No loaner mower was ever offered. I took the mower in myself every time for each rerpair. No charge for anything though, just excuses why it still leaks. They basically told me they are done fixing the gasket, it wont change a thing. I wrote the company, and they said we have a 3 year warranty on that mower and thats all we will do. The dealer also shared with me the other problems they are having with the Kohler motors such as total failure, blocks cracking in half with very low hours. My point is to warn others. I told a guy I was going to buy a new Cub before I actually did, and he warned me he and another friend each bought a new model, and both said they had major issues, and considered them junk mowers. I looked at John Deere and Husquvarna, and Cub Cadet seemed to be built heavier duty to me, the 3 year warranty, and the dealer so close is why I finally went with it. Buyer beware is all I can say, never again for me!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I have moved this thread to the Cub Cadet forum. :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bought this from my local dealer less than 1 mile from my home, as I own a 1986 Model and it runs great and starts every winter to plow snow . Very good tractor. I paid $1800 for the new unit, as I bought over an acre of land. It now has only 60 hours on it. Has been in for the valve cover gasket leak 4 times! It still leaks. Wouldnt start 1 time, back it went. Was backfiring when you turn it off, so back in it went. It blew the muffler completely apart! Had to wait for 3 weeks for the new 1. Had to use the old mower during this time. Thank god I still have it. No loaner mower was ever offered. I took the mower in myself every time for each rerpair. No charge for anything though, just excuses why it still leaks. They basically told me they are done fixing the gasket, it wont change a thing. I wrote the company, and they said we have a 3 year warranty on that mower and thats all we will do. The dealer also shared with me the other problems they are having with the Kohler motors such as total failure, blocks cracking in half with very low hours. My point is to warn others. I told a guy I was going to buy a new Cub before I actually did, and he warned me he and another friend each bought a new model, and both said they had major issues, and considered them junk mowers. I looked at John Deere and Husquvarna, and Cub Cadet seemed to be built heavier duty to me, the 3 year warranty, and the dealer so close is why I finally went with it. Buyer beware is all I can say, never again for me!

You know it's strange how some people have problems with mowers and others don't? I owned a 2008 Cub Cadet Lt 1045 46"cut with a 19hp Kohler single cylinder and the only problem I ever had with the mower was to replace a drive belt and I had a little over 300hrs on the Kohler and it ran like a champ.
A friend of mine has the same mower and she mows a five acre horse farm hers and has owned the mower since 2009 and she has a little over 500hrs on hers and in that time all we ever done to either mower was to change oil, blades and a belt.
In 2009 I sold the 1045 and got better than half my money back and purchased a 44" ZTR with the Kohler 20hp V-Twin motor, last year I purchased the CC G1336 WB commercial with a 13hp Kawasaki and a CC 48" ZTR with a 22hp Kohler. I replaced a stator and drive belt on the 44" ZTR (under warranty) other than that never had I problem any of the three and I mow 66 lawns a week. Id recommend the Cub Cadet to anyone who ask, I think for they're a real good mower. :thumbsup: