Scag turf tiger will not try to start

jlkcfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Scag turf tiger with 158 hrs on my 29DFI Kawasaki. I turn the key and wait for my light to turn off before I completely turn it and nothing happens. I thought that maybe it was a bad safety switch but does not appear to be the problem. Does anyone have any ides on this? Thanks!

Bamaturf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Scag turf tiger with 158 hrs on my 29DFI Kawasaki. I turn the key and wait for my light to turn off before I completely turn it and nothing happens. I thought that maybe it was a bad safety switch but does not appear to be the problem. Does anyone have any ides on this? Thanks!

I'm limited with regards to mechanical skills but I ve owned a TT 27 Kaw for 5 years and can offer some basic ideas.

Have you checked to make sure no fuses blown(beside seat on mine)? Also, check to make sure the PTO switch is not partially engaged.

Also, my safety switch under seat has had to be cleaned with WD 40 occasionally due to dust. It hinders the contact point.

Check loose connects and grounds on wires going to switches, relays, etc.

I realize these are basics but I had to be informed of these myself over the years.