Speed Feed Head On a Stihl

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
So I was looking around the other day an ended up buying a speed feed trimmer head it was suppose to fit my stihl but did not the bold in the head was not threated right so if you buy one look on your stihl trimmer head an the is a silver bolt on the top pop that out with a screwdriver put it on the speed feed head an you are read to go after u put your plastic spacer that comes with it:thumbsup:

But anyway has anyone else got a speed feed head on a trimmer other then echo or shindawa :rolleyes:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a speed feed head on my echo and I really don't like it I'm waiting for it to die.. there is no way to check how much line is left in it and its really sensitive doesn't take much for it to spit out line. I've always been happy with the bump feed heads you take off the trimmer and re string.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I like the speed feed head on mine so far quick to reload an like you said it is a little more sensitive then others :eek:

Threads
I have a speed feed head on my echo and I really don't like it I'm waiting for it to die.. there is no way to check how much line is left in it and its really sensitive doesn't take much for it to spit out line. I've always been happy with the bump feed heads you take off the trimmer and re string.

I like the speed feed head on mine so far quick to reload an like you said it is a little more sensitive then others :eek:

I like mine! :thumbsup:

header_speedfeed.jpg

(http://www.speedfeedhead.com/_images/header_speedfeed.jpg)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Troy-Bilt 4-cycle gas trimmer I bought a few years ago and it has the same "Speed Spool" as the Ryobi 2-cycle I owned previously. That's probably because Ryobi built the Troy-Bilt trimmers then:0) It also has the same "Expand-It" detachable trimmer head and will accomodate all of my old Ryobi "Expand-It" attachments I already had bought(blower....so, so performance and vacuum attachment...a waste of money). The Speed Spool works very well and I like being able to easily refill it when it runs out. But like pointed out earlier....it's difficult to know when that's gonna happen because of it's design where you can't tell how much line is still on it. But I still had the Ryobi spool, so with a "spare" it's not too bad to just swap the full one out when needed and refill the empty one later when it's not being used. They(Ryobi) have "changed" the "Speed Spool" design on their latest gas trimmers and they no longer look/work like the ones I have so I don't know if the newer design is any good or not.

Threads
But like pointed out earlier....it's difficult to know when that's gonna happen because of it's design where you can't tell how much line is still on it.

I don't care how much string is left in my speed feed head because I always carry 2-3 extra ~10 ft. long pieces of string on the trimmer (Only 1 in the picture). :thumbsup:

trimmer line.PNG

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have the new ryobi speed head I like it.

Try this little trick take the spring out and put a washer under it. It will make it so the line don't keep coming out every time the head hits the ground

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the new ryobi speed head I like it.

Try this little trick take the spring out and put a washer under it. It will make it so the line don't keep coming out every time the head hits the ground

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Does it make it much harder to get the string out?