Engine starts and runs but..…

Kfred92

Threads
So I have an old agway mower that was sitting ford reveal years. Got it running, but it runs rough. When it runs you can see the throttle linkage moving back and forth ( like it's jumping) and I don't know what causes that. Carburetor has been cleaned out, I adjusted it a but to see if it would help with the running issue but it makes no difference. It runs a little better when i have the choke pulled out a little, as soon as i put it in though it goes back to running rough.What could be the problem?

chance123

Threads
So I have an old agway mower that was sitting ford reveal years. Got it running, but it runs rough. When it runs you can see the throttle linkage moving back and forth ( like it's jumping) and I don't know what causes that. Carburetor has been cleaned out, I adjusted it a but to see if it would help with the running issue but it makes no difference. It runs a little better when i have the choke pulled out a little, as soon as i put it in though it goes back to running rough.What could be the problem?

Since it was sitting for several years I would first go through the carb, then go from there

impalass

Threads
You have a lean mixture so check the carb again.