Husqvarna YTH2448 Fast Tractor

Straydog

Threads
My new 2448 Fast Tractor is being delivered tomorrow. Or at least that what Lowes claims. I bought it on 7-7-13 and that is the quickest they could deliver. Not really a problem since it rained every day since then.:frown: It will get a good test since the grass has grown like crazy this past week. Now I go to the Lowes site to check up and that mower is no longer available at Lowes. I'm wondering if it's a discontinued model? When I bought it I asked if I would get the display model that was in the store? He said no and that they had a bunch of them in the back. So now I wonder did they sell them all or what? And just which one am I really getting? I'm gettin' nervous a little.......

TnHusky

Threads
My new 2448 Fast Tractor is being delivered tomorrow. Or at least that what Lowes claims. I bought it on 7-7-13 and that is the quickest they could deliver. Not really a problem since it rained every day since then.:frown: It will get a good test since the grass has grown like crazy this past week. Now I go to the Lowes site to check up and that mower is no longer available at Lowes. I'm wondering if it's a discontinued model? When I bought it I asked if I would get the display model that was in the store? He said no and that they had a bunch of them in the back. So now I wonder did they sell them all or what? And just which one am I really getting? I'm gettin' nervous a little.......

I did go to the Lowes website and it's not on there but Mowers Direct has them on back order until August and that's probably why they have them off the site.

Straydog

Threads
I did go to the Lowes website and it's not on there but Mowers Direct has them on back order until August and that's probably why they have them off the site.

Yeah but the Lowes site said "not available" at Lowes. I doesn't sound like they are back ordered...It sounds like they don't sell them anymore. Mine was delivered today and all is well with it. Cut my two acres with no problems. I meant to ask the delivery guys about their inventory but I forgot. I'm going to stop by Lowes this week and see what they have on display now.

collector0591

Threads
I have 105 hrs on my and runs like a champ I have two Husqvarna's and 1 craftsman profession yt9000 , 1 dyt4000, 2 poulans pro, 1 mastercut zero turn 1new Holland zero turn I collect tractors and Husqvarna's are great machines.

Straydog

Threads
Yeah but the Lowes site said "not available" at Lowes. I doesn't sound like they are back ordered...It sounds like they don't sell them anymore. Mine was delivered today and all is well with it. Cut my two acres with no problems. I meant to ask the delivery guys about their inventory but I forgot. I'm going to stop by Lowes this week and see what they have on display now.
Well I now have ten hours on my Husky and did the dreaded first oil change. Its not the best setup ever but it worked out with little oil spillage. So far I love the mower. It cuts my hilly two acres with no problems. I did go back to my local Lowes and they only had one Husky on display inside and None lined up outside. Not one! They either sold them all or it's getting late in the season and they are getting ready for winter. They did have John Deeres lined up though......Still happy with my purchase though. Oh and the Husky inside was a different model than mine.

collector0591

Threads
Well I now have ten hours on my Husky and did the dreaded first oil change. Its not the best setup ever but it worked out with little oil spillage. So far I love the mower. It cuts my hilly two acres with no problems. I did go back to my local Lowes and they only had one Husky on display inside and None lined up outside. Not one! They either sold them all or it's getting late in the season and they are getting ready for winter. They did have John Deeres lined up though......Still happy with my purchase though. Oh and the Husky inside was a different model than mine.
glad to hear that i'm sure you are going to like and use it for many years. well my is not orange
anymore it's metallic blue will be posting some soon when it ready.

Straydog

Threads
glad to hear that i'm sure you are going to like and use it for many years. well my is not orange
anymore it's metallic blue will be posting some soon when it ready.

Well now it seems Lowes still sells the "fast tractor" but it now has a Briggs engine instead of the Kohler. I'm glad I got mine before the change.:thumbsup: