MTD 13BK608G129

serihtom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm thinking about buying a used 2001 MTD 13BK608G129 riding lawn mower. The price is under $600., which includes a OEM-190-601 bagger.

My question is, is this a good mower, and is it a good price? [/FONT]

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
is this it?
Rarely Used Riding Lawn Mower - 42" 17.5-HP Automatic Drive w/ Bagger

It will be very serviceable. It's a good mower for a homeowner.
It looks to be in fairly good condition for its age. Depending on how it has been used and maintained, it's aproaching the end of it's service life as it is 9-10 years old. If the guy has a small yard and it's been properly maintained I would say that's a fair price if it works properly, not a good price, a fair price.
See if you can get for 500.00$?

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I have moved this thread to the MTD forum. :thumbsup:

mjcpeters

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got one of these used for $300. It needed Belts and a battery +$130.
Starts fine and the engine seems to be running good.
but ---
It creeps along very slowly, then suddenly lurches forward over and over again.
Withthe PTO off and just driving on a level asphalt road, pedal all the way down
the mowewr will pick up some speed but then slow to a stop until Bang a metal hitting metal sound
then it will lurch forward and drive normally for a few feet before slowing again.

I doubt it is the belts, since the sound seems to come from the transmission, so I suspect that.
I have the operators manual with the parts diagram but Hesitate tearing apart the transmission
when it could be the brake or something else. I can't really get a feel for the theory of operation from the diagram alone. I also read in the thread above that adjusting the linkages help- any ideas what to check? how to adjust the linkages or worst case what parts in the transmission could be the culprits.
Thanks for any help.

Mike