Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix
Echo introduces its own brand of ethanol free two-cycle 50:1 pre-mix, that they've name PowerFuel. It uses their Red Armor brand of oil and has a 93 octane rating. It's a similar product to TruFuel and Stihl MotoMix that uses Stihl HP Ultra Oil. I called my local dealer, and he quoted the price as $8.99 per 1 quart can and no discount for quantity purchase. This contrasts sharply with $5.96 / qt for TruFuel, and $4.96 / qt when purchased in a box of 6 cans at my local Lowe's. I've had good luck with TruFuel, but may try out one can anyway just to see if I can notice any difference. TruFuel and MotoMix have a slightly lower 92 octane rating, but I can't see much importance when used in 2-cycle motors.

PowerFuel | ECHO USA

Echo Launches PowerFuel Pre-mixed Product from Echo Incorporated

echo-powerfuel_10953133.jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not bad, That's only about $40.00 a gallon for premium gas. For that I could do a lot of driving to find some ethanol free gas.stupid.gif

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can not see how it would be worth it.

That would cost me $80 a day in mix gas.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Definitely NOT worth it! :confused3:

All it is, is 93 octane or premium gas mixed with there oil. I can mix the same thing at a cost of about $6.50 a gallon and a gallon at the price quoted $8.99 a qt it would be $36.00 a gallon plus tax. Definitely Not worth it.

possum

Threads
Durn Carscw 2 gallons of two stroke a day is a lot of weed eating. All the OPE outfits are going to be branding it sooner or later. It is going to be as common as their oil. For average everyday folks it would be a bargain as most do not use a quart of fuel a year.

MowerMike

Threads
Durn Carscw 2 gallons of two stroke a day is a lot of weed eating. All the OPE outfits are going to be branding it sooner or later. It is going to be as common as their oil. For average everyday folks it would be a bargain as most do not use a quart of fuel a year.

Actually, I'm one of those average homeowner types, and I use about 2 gallons (8 quarts) of premix a year. One quart is about two tanks for my handheld blowers, and they use it up pretty quickly. I also have a gas string trimmer and a stick edger, but they consume less gas and share duty with electric units. Anyway, it costs me a little over $40 per year to keep all my 2-cycle tools running with the less expensive TruFuel brand. Personally, it's worth it not to have to mix fuel / oil or empty the fuel tanks in the tools for storage. Also, the shelf like in the can is about two years, so it never goes stale.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

You would think it would be a lot but I run a trimmer a edger and a push mower

MowerMike

Threads
You would think it would be a lot but I run a trimmer a edger and a push mower

Yeah, but unless your mower is an old 2-stroke Lawn Boy, you are not running premix in it. So, are you saying you use 2 gallons a day in your trimmer and edger, or 2 gallons of gasoline per day total ?

Last edited: