Cutting height inches?

jborcheck

Threads
I have the craftsman mower that is pictured. How can I tell the inches on the cutting height. I can't find it anywhere. I have my deck set at the 2nd to last notch?

Attachments

• image-2007058653.jpg
    image-2007058653.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 9
Threads
I would just do it some way like this:

1. Set your lawn mower on a flat surface. Hold a ruler up next to the blade housing. Measure where the bottom of the housing hits the ruler, keeping in mind that the blades won't cut below the housing. For example, if the bottom of the housing measures at 2 inches, your lawn mower will likely cut the grass between 2-1/4 and 2-1/2 inches high.
  2. Adjust the height of the mower until you get the approximate height needed for your particular grass type.
  3. Mow a sample patch of grass in an inconspicuous area, such as the back corner of your yard.
  4. Place the ruler in the grass until it hits the soil. Measure how tall the blades go up the ruler, and compare it to uncut grass.
  5. Adjust the height of the lawn mower until you get the desired cutting height.

Read more: How to Measure the Cutting Height for a Lawn Mower | eHow

Threads
If THIS is your mower, it says it goes from 1.25 to 3.50 inches, so the second-to-highest position might be 3.25"? :confused:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have the craftsman mower that is pictured. How can I tell the inches on the cutting height. I can't find it anywhere. I have my deck set at the 2nd to last notch?

That mower is or from Sears, It's a residential mower and I believe the mower has four individual cutting height adjustments ( each wheel) it most likely will range from 1.25 to 3.50 inches. It has nine cutting height positions and will be most likely quarter inch increments.

jborcheck

Threads
Yes I forgot it has 9. Because it can go between each notch. I might lower it 1/4. It looks nice right now. Buy its hard to mow twice a week. And worry about clumping.