Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums...
Check that each of the pulleys & idler turn free with no belt... :smile:KennyV

Yes And they moved really that's where it baffles me

Last edited by a moderator:

edd

Threads
had a problem with my super duty deck belt jumpimg off......tightened up the tensioner and that seems to have solved my problem.....never ate a belt only jumped off the pulleys

Viking9990

Forum Newbie
Threads
had a problem with my super duty deck belt jumpimg off......tightened up the tensioner and that seems to have solved my problem.....never ate a belt only jumped off the pulleys

Ok I'll try giving more tension when
New belt comes in but I was thinking
Could it be a problem with the waner
Clutch when it engages?

snakevp56

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Super Z and have had this problem 3 times in 3 years. There are a couple different belts on this and the one under the bottom of the motor and the rear wheels is the one that controls the drive. It is a son of a gun to install but I have done it 3 times now. 2x it broke (over 3 years) and one time it slipped off again. you have to get under the mower to replace it. be sure to jack it up and use jack stands. once you thread the belt in right direction, the last pulley is the one with the large spring attached. the only way to get it on is run a nylon or tough cord through the hole in the hull and then loop it over the pulley to stretch it. if you try to pull the spring itself, you probably will never get it on. this is best a 2 person job, but I did it myself by putting my foot in the cord on the outside cord to stretch the pulley spring while under it threading the final piece of the belt on the last pulley with my hands. you may have to cut the cord off and then pull it out from under the belt now threaded on the pulley. tough job but doable in about 30 minutes. The Hustler guy here in Fayetteville, GA tells me most people bring it in to do and he is the one who gave me the tip on the cord to stretch the spring and pulley. Snake

gummy1906

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 landpride zt 60 that I replaced the deck belt 3 times and the drive belt once.

I believe Hustler/Exmark made Landpride mowers, before they decided to build their own.

The Landpride decks look amazingly similar to the older Hustler's.

After complaining, err.. I mean suggesting, about it for the third time, the parts guy at the dealer made a phone call to Landpride.

One of the first questions was had I been mowing with the deck at the 4-1/2 or full height setting of 5 inches.

I said why yes, I had mowed at some point with the deck at that height.

He went on to inform me that Landpride does not reccomend mowing with the deck at these settings.

I asked why? He went on to tell me that they have determined that the geometry between the drive pulley and deck pulleys would not work.

I don't know if this is of any help, but it makes me feel a better.

And no, the dealer did not offer any discount on the next belt.

I no longer mow at any height above 4 inches and have not broken another belt.

Good Luck

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe Hustler/Exmark made Landpride mowers, before they decided to build their own.

Exmark was formed in 1982, and began making zero turn mowers in 1995, in Nebraska, they are now a part of Toro...
Landpride has been in existence since 1986, it is the ground maintenance division of Great Planes mfg. Great planes mfg started in 1976... Both in Kansas.
Hustler started making zero turn mowers in 1964. In Kansas...

but There are a Lot of people that 'believe' things that are impossible...
Kansas makes great mowers, Nebraska is not too bad at it either... But other than making great mowers, there is not a lot of connection between these 3 companies. :smile:KennyV

Viking9990

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exmark was formed in 1982, and began making zero turn mowers in 1995, in Nebraska, they are now a part of Toro...
Landpride has been in existence since 1986, it is the ground maintenance division of Great Planes mfg. Great planes mfg started in 1976... Both in Kansas.
Hustler started making zero turn mowers in 1964. In Kansas...

but There are a Lot of people that 'believe' things that are impossible...
Kansas makes great mowers, Nebraska is not too bad at it either... But other than making great mowers, there is not a lot of connection between these 3 companies. :smile:KennyV

Thank you this was exactly it thank very
Much to every one for your help