snapper snowblower repair advice (broken spring)

noma

Threads
Hi all Need a little help?:eek:

I have a snapper snow blower and i broke a spring and i don't know where it attaches to on one of the ends of the spring. The make is a snapper model 10301 has a tecumseh 10 hp. The spring is on the belt tighterner for the drive for the wheels that move it, i have a manual and it only shows where one end of the spring hooks and the one they show is not the end that broke and is still there so i know where that goes . Spring number is(7013918) so if any one know where i could look and see where that spring end hooks to would be great, or im on trail and air till i hit the right spot. I think it goes to the frame some where so i will have to look for holes to hook it to . thanks Bruce

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all Need a little help?:eek:

I have a snapper snow blower and i broke a spring and i don't know where it attaches to on one of the ends of the spring. The make is a snapper model 10301 has a tecumseh 10 hp. The spring is on the belt tighterner for the drive for the wheels that move it, i have a manual and it only shows where one end of the spring hooks and the one they show is not the end that broke and is still there so i know where that goes . Spring number is(7013918) so if any one know where i could look and see where that spring end hooks to would be great, or im on trail and air till i hit the right spot. I think it goes to the frame some where so i will have to look for holes to hook it to . thanks Bruce

While replacing the belts on my Craftsman 2 stage blower, I had a spring come out after I removed the old belts...like yours, my manual did not show the ened that came loose...may I suggest you put a very bright light shining into the area you suspect the spring hooks into, and look for wear marks in a slot or metal to metal scraping marks...my machine had an oblong hole in the chassis that had the paint rubbed off it, and that cued me into where the spring hooked into. Hope this helps.

noma

Threads
Thanks GD green

Thanks that was about what i was going to do to hopfully i can see some wear marks where the old spring came from.:laughing:

noma

Threads
Hi All

Thanks for all the help i got a new spring got it installed and i could see where it had been before :licking:. It all worked fine just got 3 inches on thurday night and Friday morning all cleaned out, i will see if i can figure out how to put pictures of it on here.:licking:

noma

Threads
Re: snapper snowblower repair advice (broken spring) (photo)

Hi All

Photos of snowblower repair

Attachments

• img_3908.jpg
    img_3908.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 25

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi All

Thanks for all the help i got a new spring got it installed and i could see where it had been before :licking:. It all worked fine just got 3 inches on thurday night and Friday morning all cleaned out, i will see if i can figure out how to put pictures of it on here.:licking:

Thanks for keeping us posted, it is always great to learn that a member was able to fix a problem.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
AND its nice to see a picture of the fix... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
AND its nice to see a picture of the fix... :smile:KennyV

MY spring hookup was buried under the drive pulleys and belts, I would have needed one of those medical scope cameras to even get near the slot the spring hooked into to take a picture...know how I got ithe spring end into the slot...one of those flexible claw pick up tools from Sears Craftsman....:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...I would have needed one of those medical scope cameras to even get near the slot the spring hooked into to take a picture....:biggrin:

Well when you get one, (Sears may have them...), get the picture and post it... It should be good.. :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well when you get one, (Sears may have them...), get the picture and post it... It should be good.. :smile:KennyV

Kenny, are you woofing me because of that joke I made about finding swimming pool chemicals in Michigan in mid-winter...:laughing: