Lt1000 engine dies when blades engaged

slydog39

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2006 Craftsman LT1000 was running good this afternoon until it died and now it will crank and run fine until you engage the blades, then it dies. It will run and move fine without the blades engaged. I could not find any obstructions keeping the blades from turning, but have not pulled the deck to inspect closely.

Any obvious things I should be looking for? It has the Koehler 17.5 HP motor and is a 42" deck.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My 2006 Craftsman LT1000 was running good this afternoon until it died and now it will crank and run fine until you engage the blades, then it dies. It will run and move fine without the blades engaged. I could not find any obstructions keeping the blades from turning, but have not pulled the deck to inspect closely.

Any obvious things I should be looking for? It has the Koehler 17.5 HP motor and is a 42" deck.
Can you mow in reverse?
If so do you have to push a backing up switch ?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like you have either a seat safety switch gone bad or a short in wiring going to the seat safety switch. Could also be the wire is not firmly attached to seat switch. Some mowers have a relay attached someplace in the wiring for the seat switch that could also be bad.