MW 18/42-46 Powr Kraft rear wheels are locked up

SummitSeeker

Forum Newbie
Threads
MW 18/42-46 Powr Kraft - Commercial ... Model#:TMO-3400005A or TMO-3500006

I have set the unit aside for a few years and now am eager to tackle this little headache.
History - approx. 5 years ago ...
The 18HP(Twin Briggs) engine worked like a dream.
On the day "the issue" occurred I remember trying to get the tractor into shelter before a storm. I banged the lower deck against the threshhold of the shelter (by accident) and the rear wheels locked up. The engine slowed down and came to a stop. I was not able to restart the tractor.

Electrically, I feel as though I will need a new battery - assuming the original will not take charge - otherwise, the tracker function(ed) well.

I suspect that the culprit - at least in part - is an actuator pin that is set in place at the base of the rear transmission gear case. I can not dislodge it from its current position. I have not been able to track the pin back to a safety switch, but that is what I also suspect has locked the tractor wheels.

Your help & advice are welcome; thanks in advance.

SummitSeeker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please help if you can.

MW 18/42-46 Powr Kraft - Commercial ... Model#:TMO-3400005A or TMO-3500006

I have set the unit aside for a few years and now am eager to tackle this little headache.
History - approx. 5 years ago ...
The 18HP(Twin Briggs) engine worked like a dream.
On the day "the issue" occurred I remember trying to get the tractor into shelter before a storm. I banged the lower deck against the threshhold of the shelter (by accident) and the rear wheels locked up. The engine slowed down and came to a stop. I was not able to restart the tractor.

Electrically, I feel as though I will need a new battery - assuming the original will not take charge - otherwise, the tracker function(ed) well.

I suspect that the culprit - at least in part - is an actuator pin that is set in place at the base of the rear transmission gear case. I can not dislodge it from its current position. I have not been able to track the pin back to a safety switch, but that is what I also suspect has locked the tractor wheels.

Your help & advice are welcome; thanks in advance.

SummitSeeker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know who is able to match patch color for Powr Kraft series ?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone know who is able to match patch color for Powr Kraft series ?

Have you looked at the belts? And if you suspect its that pin you need to find a way to get it out.

As for paint I would take a sample to napa paint store and start there then try autobody repair shops