SB standing1.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 11
  • SB standing2.jpg
    SB standing2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 23

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is the tricky part. I actually asked my dealer and one of the Steiner brothers (at Ventrac) to look out for one and let me know if they found one. Ventrac never actually made one themselves, but had one made to fit the Ventrac. They don't sell that attachment now - so, you need to find one used and convince them to sell it.

Dustin Steiner found mine (he is doing missionary work for a while) -- one of the other people at Ventrac might find one for you, or your dealer might ask around and find a used one.

Last edited:

G. McReaper

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the tricky part. I actually asked my dealer and one of the Steiner brothers (at Ventrac) to look out for one .....

Do you know the name of the manufacturer in OH that used to make it? It might be stamped on the attachment somewhere...

G. McReaper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Several years ago some third party in Ohio built and sold a sickle bar mower for Ventrac. See photo. I don't think they are still making it. Mast-Lepley a dealer in Apple Creek, OH, may be able to provide you with more information. mastlepley.com

JackIL

Called Mast-Lepley Online (Apple Creek OH). They told me Mast Equipment of Walnut Creek OH used to manufacture the sickle bar mower attachment. It was discontinued perhaps for liability reasons. Too bad!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if they might have any idea where some of those units are ???

I can't see why those would have any more liability than any other sickle bar.

I would think between Ventrac and Steiner there would be a market for them.
I use mine quite a bit.

G. McReaper

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wonder if they might have any idea where some of those units are ???

I can't see why those would have any more liability than any other sickle bar.

I would think between Ventrac and Steiner there would be a market for them.
I use mine quite a bit.
The gentleman from Mast at Apple Creek said he had not seen one since 2000, the other gentleman (Junior) conveyed through the receptionist that he has no intention of making them again, too many liability issues. Perhaps some dim but rich customer mowed down Fluffy and blamed the sickle bar? I don't know; people sue for a living nowadays.

The low level guy at Ventrac indicated categorically, they have no plans of making sickle-bar attachments. They can all sort it out whatever way they like, I give up. There are other vendors than Ventrac.

Thanks for your help and info, all the best!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess that because some homeowners have these machines (the Ventracs) that they figure they might be more likely to make mistakes than farmers.

I'm glad I found mine and can se it when I need it. Some idiots and lawyers (and judges) have ruined things for most of the reasonable people.

Other than that -- enjoy your Ventrac !