TB210 drive belt cover removal

AntonioJr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't get the drive belt cover off my (Troy Built) TB210 21" self propelled walk behind mower.

dh85

Forum Newbie
Threads
What exactly is the problem you are having removing it?

I have this same mower and mine recently just stopped propelling. I could not figure out how in the world to get the cover off to check the belt to see if it had just slipped off or has debris around it. I removed the two screws on each side behind the wheels, but there appears to be more to it than that. I tried looking up under it to figure it out without any success. Anyone know how these things come off? Thanks!

dh85

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this same mower and mine recently just stopped propelling. I could not figure out how in the world to get the cover off to check the belt to see if it had just slipped off or has debris around it. I removed the two screws on each side behind the wheels, but there appears to be more to it than that. I tried looking up under it to figure it out without any success. Anyone know how these things come off? Thanks!

Ok, so I looked up under the cover and there are more bolts to remove than what I had thought. There are nine total, which are 3/8ths... two on the top plus seven on the bottom, which you'll have to use a deep well socket for the ones up under the cover. Two bolts that hold the back of the cover on are right beside each underneath on the deck itself, behind the cover. After removing all of those, then you can lower it back lift the cover off. If yours needs removed and replace, you'll have to remove the blade and adapter parts to pull that end off.

I got lucky and the belt looked just fine and had just slipped off the pulley. I did have some debris built up around it, so that could have been the reason it pulled off. After putting it back on and using it about an hour, it's been doing fine so far.