John Deere LX176 turns over but won't start

TriPaC87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone. Need a little help with my JD. Trying to start it for the first time this year with no luck. The engine turns over but won't start. I already charged the battery so hopefully that's not the issue. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get this mower started. I'm a 25 year old female with little engine knowledge. My dad passed away in January and this was something he would usually do so I'm at a loss. My boyfriend and I live about 3 hours away so if I can get it started without him driving up here, that would be nice.

So... Where should I start? Our 7 acres is looking a little... Abandoned? I would like to get this done by Sunday so my mom doesn't have to hire out the work.

The mower worked fine last summer.

Thanks
Tristan

mistermowerman

Threads
Hi everyone. Need a little help with my JD. Trying to start it for the first time this year with no luck. The engine turns over but won't start. I already charged the battery so hopefully that's not the issue. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get this mower started. I'm a 25 year old female with little engine knowledge. My dad passed away in January and this was something he would usually do so I'm at a loss. My boyfriend and I live about 3 hours away so if I can get it started without him driving up here, that would be nice.

So... Where should I start? Our 7 acres is looking a little... Abandoned? I would like to get this done by Sunday so my mom doesn't have to hire out the work.

The mower worked fine last summer.

Thanks
Tristan
Hello ,I am not sure which model engine you have , but a good place to start is to see if you can drain out the petrol that is in your carb bowl ,just enough to let through some fuel from the tank .Gary:smile:

TriPaC87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello ,I am not sure which model engine you have , but a good place to start is to see if you can drain out the petrol that is in your carb bowl ,just enough to let through some fuel from the tank .Gary:smile:

It's a K Series 14hp.

chance123

Threads
You might want to try some starting fluid in the air filter just to get it going and it will help to get gas flowing through everything again.

TriPaC87

Forum Newbie
Threads
You might want to try some starting fluid in the air filter just to get it going and it will help to get gas flowing through everything again.

I called the bf earlier this afternoon and he suggested the same thing. I did it and I worked!! She's running strong now!! I figured out how to lower the blade and engage it thanks to a little Google action and started mowing. I ran over over a stick and the blades stopped spinning. The stick knocked the belt off. Ugh... Well my mom nd I took the covers off and got the belt back on.

Successful day. Now time to go mow!! Thanks for the help!