Hello all. Brand new here.

DPD1

Forum Newbie
Threads
So glad to have found this site.

New home owner, been reading post here for couple days. Had to sign up to hopefully get some help from everyone with my lawn battle.

Lawn very thin in many areas. I raked the thin areas, put down topsoil, put down seed, put down starter fertilizer, lightly raked the top, and have been watering 2-3, sometimes 4 times a day. Not with a sprinkler, just spraying with a hose.

Five days in and no signs of anything. Is there any sign that I should be looking for.

By no means an expert, the simplest tips or info will be appreciated.

When do I start panicking. Thanks in advance for any help.

mowerman05

Threads
No need to panic as some seeds take 7- 10 days or longer to germinate. maybe someone who installs lawns will have a better answer or more detailed info, good luck:thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
No need to panic as some seeds take 7- 10 days or longer to germinate. maybe someone who installs lawns will have a better answer or more detailed info, good luck:thumbsup:

I have seen some seed take as long as 2 weeks to start seeing them.

possum

Threads
Took forever this spring here. Later on some came up in just a week. The soil temps regulate it to a certain extent as well as grass seed type. I would be more worried about the heat killing the young grass than anything. Would have been better to wait until fall. But if you want bare spots gone not much choice.

sgmgarden

Threads
Welcome to the forum :biggrin: I am fairly new to it myself but I am glad I found it! Lots of good stuff on here