Manual Snow Blower?

Lucy

Threads
They make manual, reel mowers. In this day of "green technology", you would think that someone would come up with a manual snow blower of sorts. Anything like this out there yet?

indypower

Threads
They have them and have had them for years. Here, we call it a SHOVEL.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
They have them and have had them for years. Here, we call it a SHOVEL.

You stole the words right out of my mouth...:laughing: Actually I think he is referring to something like a push reel mower that would move snow...it would be hard to get enough traction to use something like that.

indypower

Threads
You stole the words right out of my mouth...:laughing: Actually I think he is referring to something like a push reel mower that would move snow...it would be hard to get enough traction to use something like that.
Plus getting the augers to move fast enough to throw snow any distance.

monica123

Threads
I have not seen anything resembling a manual snow blower, but I can't say it would work very well if you had any amount of snow.

dusty-t

Threads
I have not seen anything like this, but wow what a great idea. There is no way that this is has not been tried before. Some one has to make one. Maybe Me!!!!.:biggrin::biggrin: Dusty

monica123

Threads
Build it and they will come! lol You never know, it may catch on, maybe a crank wheel to throw the snow powered by a lever on the handle you squeeze???

demhustler

Threads
home depot had shovel with auger a few years ago
pros: ... ok;
cons: discharge - only one direction ; basically pusher only (not good as a shovel); price, etc

Attachments

• snow-auger-shovel.jpg
    snow-auger-shovel.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 8

dusty-t

Threads
I was thinking more along the lines of pedal power. So it would be a rider. It would have to be at least 18in wide ???? for stability. A simple variable speed drive so you could creep in heavier snow. Ya know, with the amount of leg power this thing is going to take, a shovel might be easier.:confused2:laughing: Dusty