Sport 42 inch mulching kit

mmuehlba

Threads
well it rained this morning and it is raining again right now.

as far as the deck height I check and looks like it is about with in 1/8 of being level to ground , I just measure to the flat platform I made to get it in the air .

as far as how it cut with out the mulching kit never had it with out when bought it was not delivered till it came in about 3 days and I am burrowing a mower so it was no issues . when dropped off I asked for the old blades and was told they use the same ones , well I think I know better so had a few words and then they said yes these should be with the kit they ordered but it was shipped with out so they will be sure to get and pick up and install when in, only a few days and they picked it up and came back with the mulching blades , cut a little and well just bad , put in the air no divider , again called went threw hoops and well they will pick up and install another few days , picked up installed the divider again cut some grass not at all happy put in air and there what I think is up side down , storing grass in coroner and drops down when full . and all sort of grass all over the deck .

now was every thing check before delivery well I have all the paper work that should have been filled out and sent in to register but nothing I have all the paper work with nothing checked off . ?? I asked if it got registered and was told yes I will get it done . ??

so will see what tomorrow brings any Ideas will be appreciated . so very unhappy with my super deal ? any one know what the deck heights should be ? flat or tipped ? My toro always worked so never even checked in the 14 years . still cut great but the hydro just will not get up even small hills so that is why I am replacing it . wanted the zero turn as it is hard on my hands to do so much turning with a steering wheel , might have been that the toro might have had issues why it was getting hard to turn or just my Arthritis .

10001200paper work 01.jpg

nothing filled in or signed .

1000A1200paper work 02 03 .jpg

and as far as the blades well I paid $120 for a kit and I think it should work , and the $90.00 for set up and delivery well they dropped it off and picked it up did things and brought back twice just because they ?? but I do think it should be right as even thought it was a year old !! but really a 2009 , it still must be right . Mike

DJ660

Threads
Measuring off the BLADES, side to side should be level. Front to back should level to 1\8 inch lower in the front. Set tire pressure at 12 psi rear and 15 front. Make sure engine is running at 3600 rpms. Now all this should have been done at selling dealer. The biggest thing I found with ANY mulching mower no matter the brand is that the grass is even alittle damp and or if you try a cut to much off at 1 time they just do not work. The deck over loads with clipping and packs up and starts clumping and boggs or stalls engine. Maybe Gator type mulching blades would be a better choice. I was never really to keen to the idea of taking a side discharge deck that moves a good volume of air and blocking the discharge and now they call it a mulcher. Mulching dry leaves, Sure it most likley works very good,

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you ever find a mower that will mulch wet thick grass and not leave clumps let me know and I will buy us both one

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

mmuehlba

Threads
My toro always mulch good when wet I could only cut half of the yard before I would put up in the air and scrap the deck . I always scrap the deck after every cutting . with the mulching deck it has a few things that are like dia 3 sided angles above the blades in the deck . will take some pics of that later . also I think the hustler deck is close to that but for sure my yard is not at all that flat . Thanks and will get exact measurements on the deck , would it be better more than less in the 1/8 ? also have no Idea if the RPM's are at that but I run it full throttle . and cutting is not like racing as I always turn RIGHT . Mike

I do not have any books on my Hustler .I wonder if they should have came with the tractor ?? but I just looked up my Toro and here is what they said.

" The blade pitch for a 38-inch (96.5cm) mower is correct when the blade in front is 1/8-3/8 inch (3.5-10.5mm) lower in front than in the rear. "

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My toro always mulch good when wet I could only cut half of the yard before I would put up in the air and scrap the deck . I always scrap the deck after every cutting . with the mulching deck it has a few things that are like dia 3 sided angles above the blades in the deck . will take some pics of that later . also I think the hustler deck is close to that but for sure my yard is not at all that flat . Thanks and will get exact measurements on the deck , would it be better more than less in the 1/8 ? also have no Idea if the RPM's are at that but I run it full throttle . and cutting is not like racing as I always turn RIGHT . Mike

I do not have any books on my Hustler .I wonder if they should have came with the tractor ?? but I just looked up my Toro and here is what they said.

" The blade pitch for a 38-inch (96.5cm) mower is correct when the blade in front is 1/8-3/8 inch (3.5-10.5mm) lower in front than in the rear. "

On most mowers the deck should be around 1/4 inch lower in the front. This is so the sharpest part of the blade cuts the grass. And is less work the engine has to do.

Now I run mine lower in the back. I like the cut better. I feel it cuts the grass twice.

Now when it comes to your hustler I feel they are very good mowers.
I feel you got a bad rap from the dealer
I would run the mulch blade and side discharge
Maybe cut the grass every couple of days. Less clipping.

My feeling are you liked your toro should have stayed with toro
I like what I use and I stay with it

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

mmuehlba

Threads
well as far as a toro they have not made riders for a while they had MTD make them and now there O turn are so good they only warranty for one year and if I could have bought a new Toro like they were , I most likely would have but a big no . I just did not jump into this hustler I did some looking in fact I even borrower a mower so I did not have to buy one right a way . there calling for rain and the grass is not even ready to be cut will have to call the dealer and see what they say ,should get some pics of deck and check the heights on the Hustler but will also have to get some items listed on e bay today , my other addiction besides marbles . I knew my cousin was trying to sell his older Power King so I said I would sell for him if I could use it till it sold , well my daughter had a neighbor that must have gotten sick or what ever so I took it over to cut her lawn , I just wish I would have helped sooner . Mike

Me cutting 52.jpg

DJ660

Threads
Did we get this machine figured out or no luck?

mmuehlba

Threads
Hi All well yes it has been taken with a while ago but just waiting to be sure . I was talking with my brother and when I said it was so much less that the others he said well there should have been a flag that it was $1100 less . And if you are having issues now after the money issue is done most likely the service will also so he said end the charge on the card so I called the credit card company and put in a stop , then I called the dealer and told him , to my surprise all he said was I will pick it up in a little bit , sure he was there with in a few hours and took it back , never heard any more . Then there was the comment some thing like if you liked your Toro so much I should have bought one , well I looked on craigslist and there was one just like mine but a year newer went and was very good , sent the $600 and have been using ever since . still wish the sport would have worked out as it was very easy to use the few times I did but even my $600 used toro cut better . . Mike