Husqvarna vs Cub Cadet

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I thought AYP built the Husqvarna and Craftsman stuff, not Husqvarna them selves? Either way, I would still go with the Husqvarna over the Cub Cadet.

Actually I think American Yard Products was purchased and is now own by Electrolux and I believe it falls under the Husqvarna Group.

chobbs1957

Threads
Well, Ric, you are so very right. I should have known better, but I get confused sometimes. :confused2:

Here is a pic of a label on the outside of a Husqvarna accessory box I just received.

In case the reader of the post does not want to necessarily click on the thumbnail, it lists the following brands:
  1. RedMax
  2. Dixon
  3. Bluebird
  4. Jonsered
  5. McCulloch
  6. Poulan Pro
  7. Poulan
  8. Weedeater

LabelOnHusqvarnaBox.JPG

I hate to pop your bubble but Husqvarna does not make Cub Cadet. MTD purchased the Cub Cadet brand from International Harvester in 1981. Cub Cadet was and is held as a wholly owned subsidiary for many years following the acquisition, which allowed them to operate independently.

Husqvarna mowers are owned and made by the Husqvarna Group they manufacturer of their own stuff, plus Craftsman, Poulan, and some other not so reliable equipment IMO

Threads
Well, Ric, you are so very right. I should have known better, but I get confused sometimes. :confused2:

Here is a pic of a label on the outside of a Husqvarna accessory box I just received.

In case the reader of the post does not want to necessarily click on the thumbnail, it lists the following brands:
  1. RedMax
  2. Dixon
  3. Bluebird
  4. Jonsered
  5. McCulloch
  6. Poulan Pro
  7. Poulan
  8. Weedeater

View attachment 15274

That's interesting it says that on the label! :rolleyes:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

1. RedMax
  2. Dixon
  3. Bluebird
  4. Jonsered
  5. McCulloch
  6. Poulan Pro
  7. Poulan
  8. Weedeater

15274-husqvarna-vs-cub-cadet-labelonhusqvarnabox-jpg

The thing is there are so many makes of equipment that are I guess are subsidiary's that it gets real confusing sometimes keeping track. It's just like the Echo/ Shindaiwa thing and people thinking echo purchased Shin but it wasn't really the case, the fact is Echo it self is a subsidiary along with Shin and Kioritz and is owned by the Yamabiko Group from Japan. When you come right down to it a lot of these company's have Presidents or a CEO to run the thing but are owned by share holders from all over the world, so if you want to be part owner buy some shares.:laughing:

chobbs1957

Threads
According to Wikipedia, Electrolux spun off Husqvarna in 2006.

Actually I think American Yard Products was purchased and is now own by Electrolux and I believe it falls under the Husqvarna Group.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
According to Wikipedia, Electrolux spun off Husqvarna in 2006.

That very well could be. like I said these company's are back and forth so much anymore you don't know who's making what or whats going on. The thing to me that's really weird is when you get a company like say husqvarna as an example and one company makes their lawn tractor another makes the garden tractor and god only knows they probably have another making there ZTR mowers. So unless your up on things you don't have any idea what your buying.

Jimmyjo

Threads
My wife and I just purchased a 2.5 acre mini farm.
We have a 54 dwarf tree orchard and 4 good size garden areas.
Total mowing area is some where 1.5 acres.
I am looking at the Husqvarna and Cub Cadet Garden Tractors and have a $3000 top end budget.
The lot is very flat and fairly smooth.
Which machine would you recommend and which has the best attachments for the price.
Thank you.

>I'm shopping also and found the Husqvarna GT52XLS hard to beat at $3250. price point.

TnHusky

Threads
That very well could be. like I said these company's are back and forth so much anymore you don't know who's making what or whats going on. The thing to me that's really weird is when you get a company like say husqvarna as an example and one company makes their lawn tractor another makes the garden tractor and god only knows they probably have another making there ZTR mowers. So unless your up on things you don't have any idea what your buying.

Ric as far as I can tell Husqvarna makes ther own ZT mowers as well as Gravely and Airens. If you look up the MTD group you will also see alot of different mnfg's as well. So This is nothing new to several of the lawn mower makers.