Good idea of bad idea?

franchi

Threads
Hi LB Fans:

Today the wife and I came up with an idea to help us to stay in shape.

We try to hike several miles per day for our exercise regimen. I suggested the we mow our yard, one acre, with our two 19" Lawnboy push mowers. This will provide us with good exercise while keeping our yard looking great.

I have been using a riding mower and she has been doing the trimming to cut the grass. She cut the entire yard the last time with her 5239 and it looked much better than when I mowed it with the riding mower!

In any case, are we nuts? Lol

Stay well my friends,

Franchi

okiepc

Threads
That is a good idea for Pennsylvania where the weather is not so hot, just don't over do it, take plenty of breaks. Here you do your mowing either early morning or late evening when it is decidedly cooler. :thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you're nuts so am I, which some on this forum think I am. I try to walk my one acre when I can. I agree the lawn looks better than when using the rider and I sleep better every time I do it. Can't figure out why though.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My wife loves to push mow. Keeps her in shape and she gets a tan. She has a toro greens master.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

impalass

Threads
Hi LB Fans:

Today the wife and I came up with an idea to help us to stay in shape.

We try to hike several miles per day for our exercise regimen. I suggested the we mow our yard, one acre, with our two 19" Lawnboy push mowers. This will provide us with good exercise while keeping our yard looking great.

I have been using a riding mower and she has been doing the trimming to cut the grass. She cut the entire yard the last time with her 5239 and it looked much better than when I mowed it with the riding mower!

In any case, are we nuts? Lol

Stay well my friends,

Franchi
Health wise you are in better shape when you use a push mower to cut the grass. and no you are not nuts just being smart.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a great idea. I enjoy my push mowers and wouldn't even want one that's self-propelled.

Threads
That is a good idea for Pennsylvania where the weather is not so hot, just don't over do it, take plenty of breaks. Here you do your mowing either early morning or late evening when it is decidedly cooler. :thumbsup:

Maybe wait until next week to start.....it's going to be in the low to mid 90's this week here in PA!

Threads
I "self-propell mow" all my lawns and I walk about 1 mile per lawn so I get a lot of exercise!

bwright1818

Threads
Nothing gets me in better shape than breathing heavy behind my hydrocarbon-beltching Lawn-Boys! (-: I always come in after bagging grass on a hot, sticky day, smelling like a refinery industrial accident. But I wouldn't have it any other way, because I, too, consider it good exercise. And I DO love my Lawn-Boys!! I wouldn't speak for anyone else; but for ME, yes, I am crazy!!

robinb66

Threads
Nothing gets me in better shape than breathing heavy behind my hydrocarbon-beltching Lawn-Boys! (-: I always come in after bagging grass on a hot, sticky day, smelling like a refinery industrial accident. But I wouldn't have it any other way, because I, too, consider it good exercise. And I DO love my Lawn-Boys!! I wouldn't speak for anyone else; but for ME, yes, I am crazy!!

HERE HERE !!!! Plus I'm the only one in my neighborhood with a lawnboy to show off so all in all it's a good life!!!