Ariens riding mower wheel alignment problems

StockdaleDave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys...new visitor.

I have an Ariens riding mower...46" with the Kohler 20HP engine. Has developed an issue that is beyond me.

Wife was mowing and said the mower would not turn. Sure enough it looked like something had been hit with 1 wheel as the tires were cambered out badly. No visible damage but looked like either bent spindles or bent drag link arms. Bought new drag links...same problem. Bought new spindles...wait for it- wait for it..same problem. There is no adjustment and the steering column has no missing teeth, is lines up centered on the steering plate. There is no way to slide the pivot point of the steering plate.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...new guy. Thanks for any help or guidance.

Dave

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey guys...new visitor.

I have an Ariens riding mower...42" with the Kohler 20HP engine. Has developed an issue that is beyond me.

Wife was mowing and said the mower would not turn. Sure enough it looked like something had been hit with 1 wheel as the tires were cambered out badly. No visible damage but looked like either bent spindles or bent drag link arms. Bought new drag links...same problem. Bought new spindles...wait for it- wait for it..same problem. There is no adjustment and the steering column has no missing teeth, is lines up centered on the steering plate. There is no way to slide the pivot point of the steering plate.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...new guy. Thanks for any help or guidance.

Dave

Can you post your model number so I can pull up a pic. And try and help you.
I think I know what's wrong but want to make sure it is the set up I am thinking of.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

StockdaleDave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you post your model number so I can pull up a pic. And try and help you.
I think I know what's wrong but want to make sure it is the set up I am thinking of.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Thanks for the response...tag on back of mower says:

Model no. 93603900/A20K46YT

Genevohl@aol.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guys before you go replacing parts check to make sure the steering gear is centered. With the wheel straight count the teeth on each side. They have to be the same. If not center the gears. This is a common problem on these units. I don't know how they jump teeth but they do and it really screws up the turning geometry