Numbers?

mlaaw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda harmony 2 riding lawnmower On my deck it has a decal with model # and serial #, near the motor it has a tag with another number that looks like a serial #. If I need to check recall info or anything else which # do I use.

Attachments

• IMAG0709.jpg
    IMAG0709.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0710.jpg
    IMAG0710.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 10
Threads
I have a Honda harmony 2 riding lawnmower On my deck it has a decal with model # and serial #, near the motor it has a tag with another number that looks like a serial #. If I need to check recall info or anything else which # do I use.

For a recall, it would be both numbers in the second picture, the model number and serial number. Here is an example of a recall to prove it:

Name of Product: Honda Lawn Mowers

Units: 20,500

Manufacturer: American Honda Motor Corp., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The lawn mower's rear shield can break off allowing debris to be thrown toward the operator, which poses a laceration hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: American Honda has received one report of a shield breaking off the lawn mower. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves HRX walk-behind lawn mowers with model numbers HRX217(K)2HXA and HRX217(K)2HMA. The model and serial number are printed on a label located on the upper rear of the mower deck. Serial numbers included in the recall are MAGA-1500001 through 1520532. The recalled lawn mowers are red with "HONDA" written on the bag.

Sold by: Authorized American Honda Motor Corp. dealers and Home Depot stores nationwide from October 2007 to June 2008 for about $900.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled lawn mowers and contact their local Honda Lawn and Garden dealer to schedule a free repair. Registered owners of the recalled lawn mowers have been contacted by direct mail notification.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Honda at (800) 426-7701 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit Honda's Web site at Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers, Tillers

(CPSC - Lawn Mowers Recalled by American Honda Motor Corp. Due to Laceration Hazard)

mlaaw

Forum Newbie
Threads
For a recall, it would be both numbers in the second picture, the model number and serial number. Here is an example of a recall to prove it:

Name of Product: Honda Lawn Mowers

Units: 20,500

Manufacturer: American Honda Motor Corp., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The lawn mower's rear shield can break off allowing debris to be thrown toward the operator, which poses a laceration hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: American Honda has received one report of a shield breaking off the lawn mower. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves HRX walk-behind lawn mowers with model numbers HRX217(K)2HXA and HRX217(K)2HMA. The model and serial number are printed on a label located on the upper rear of the mower deck. Serial numbers included in the recall are MAGA-1500001 through 1520532. The recalled lawn mowers are red with "HONDA" written on the bag.

Sold by: Authorized American Honda Motor Corp. dealers and Home Depot stores nationwide from October 2007 to June 2008 for about $900.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled lawn mowers and contact their local Honda Lawn and Garden dealer to schedule a free repair. Registered owners of the recalled lawn mowers have been contacted by direct mail notification.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Honda at (800) 426-7701 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit Honda's Web site at Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers, Tillers

(CPSC - Lawn Mowers Recalled by American Honda Motor Corp. Due to Laceration Hazard)

Thanks for the reply. What is the number in the first picture represent?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

In most cases, when ordering parts or getting service, the frame number (MZBF) is used. You only need the deck number if you need mower deck parts.

That older rider was wholesaled by Honda to a dealer back on 4/30/1997, and sold to a customer in Citronelle, Alabama on 6/16/1997. The original factory warranty expired on 6/25/1999, and there are no active campaigns or recalls for that frame or mower deck.

If you will send me a private message with your name and address, I will update the records to show you as the current owner, in the unlikely event there ever is a recall on this model.

Thanks!