Is this a Bad Price?

Hershey

Threads
A co-worker is trying to sell their John Deere 317 Lawn Tractor which they say is in good condition though they haven't used it in about a year. The price is low, but I'm wondering if it's too low -- $190. Is he hiding something about this?

indypower

Threads
Have you looked at it? Buy it for the $190 as they usually sell for $800- $1800 depending on what engine, tranny and other attatchments is has. You cant go wrong for $190. You will at least double your money if you have to part it out.

Last edited:

grnspot110

Threads
I agree, grab it as fast as you can for $190! Parts are worth much more than that! ~~ grnspot110

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree, grab it as fast as you can for $190! Parts are worth much more than that! ~~ grnspot110

I SAW IT FIRST DARN YOU...I WILL GIVE THEM $180 !!!! Seriously, for a running 317 that is a STEAL. A DOUBLE STEAL !!!

Hershey

Threads
Thanks for the responses. We just weren't sure if it was legitimate or not. We'll take a look and then make a final decision. I'm sure glad I found this site to help with things like this.

adan

Threads
At that price it's almost like scrap value. Are you sure it's in running condition? Still, go and check as part of your due diligence. But do so with the $190 in hand. Don't let JDgreen beat you to it :)

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
At that price it's almost like scrap value. Are you sure it's in running condition? Still, go and check as part of your due diligence. But do so with the $190 in hand. Don't let JDgreen beat you to it :)

LOL would cost me that much in fuel for my gas sucker GMC to go get it....:laughing: Anyway I got a complete ALMOST-RUNNING JD 318 to work on....

Hey, do I hear $190. going once, going twice, SOLD to the guy with $170....DARN IT !!!! :biggrin:

Hershey

Threads
We have an appointment to go take a look. It's actually going to be a gift for a relative who has a larger place than we do. He is a good fixer upper, too. We're debating telling him of our intentions and taking him with us to take a look at it himself. He's been wanting something like this for a long time.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have an appointment to go take a look. It's actually going to be a gift for a relative who has a larger place than we do. He is a good fixer upper, too. We're debating telling him of our intentions and taking him with us to take a look at it himself. He's been wanting something like this for a long time.

I bid $200. wait, $230...NO, $250...:biggrin: Actually those older Deeres are one of the most overbuilt garden tractors ever produced...I used my 318 to mow waist high weeds, try to move broken concrete slabs that weighed in excess of 500 pounds, banged huge rocks around with the front blade, and in spite of all that abuse the hydro fluid never even got hot. NOBODY can convince me the older 300 series were not way overbuilt.