30" RER won't go forward or reverse??

dawgfan77

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have what I think is a early 2000's 30" RER with an 8HP B&S i bought 2 months ago. Got it cheap ($75) because it wouldnt go in reverse, otherwise its in GREAT shape, runs perfect, and starts easily. Then A buddy gave me a brand new complete Ninja Mulching kit that he never installed. I used it a few times with no complaints (except no reverse), then it started slipping in the forward gears last time I cut, then last week it just quit moving, or will barely crawl sometimes breifly. I checked the friction disc and the adjustments. the disc was a little worn so I replaced it($20). The upper drive disc is exactly 3-3/4" from the motor base. tried it again but no change. So this time I propped it up while running (wheels off the ground) in gear to see whats going on.
-The friction disc is making good contact-even gave off a little burning smell for the fist few minutes from the friction between the 2
-the shaft is spinning fast and strong, so its not the 1st gear/chain set
-the outer gear drive/chain drive is turning but if i grab both tires with my hands they stop
-the right side (sitting on mower) hub pin is there and in good shape, i just realized I havent removed the other wheel to see if it has a pin and its still there, I will do that next

Serial # 05008651
Model# 300878

I feel like its got to be something wrong with the outer planetary type gear set, but Im definitly new to these and not familiar at all with them. This is my 1st rider :) Any ideas? Please forgive the lack of correct termanology if I misnamed any of the parts, and thanks in advance

Tommyboyxd

Threads
I'm sorry I really don't have an answer for you but I do have a link to this service manual.

I hope it will help.

cashman

Threads
With the mower standing on the bumpers, and someone holding the clutch pedal fully depressed, grab both rear wheels and turn them in the same direction. The drive disc should turn with the wheels. If the drive disc doesn't turn when both the rear wheels are turned in the same direction, you might have a problem with the long and short axel gears being worn or stripped? They make a long and short axel kit for replacement. Thanks!!!