Which Snapper would you recommend?

Hershey

Threads
This isn't actually for me, but for a family member who needs a new mower. For whatever reason, and he hasn't told me, he wants a Snapper, but he's not sure which one. He does have a bad back so needs something easy to operate. He's got 1/2 acre of yard that slants downhill.

Belstar

Threads
What kind of budget does your relative have to play with? I hear that the zero turn Snapper (150Z series) is easy to handle. It's a ride on though and having just read the thread about slopes and inclines he may be better off with a walk behind.

gpaintjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Snapper Pro S150X. A great mower for my 2+a. Not very good on a bad back if not very smooth lawn. Maybe with a seat upgrade it would be OK.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Goog grief - he said 1/2 acre! WOW......some people would recommend a 60" zero-turn for a city lot!!!!!! :rolleyes:

RE Riders - Riding Mowers - Snapper

That'd be plenty for 1/2 acre! It's well built, easy to use (shift on the fly disk drive), and comfy. I'd go for the 12.5/28. Or a 30". Stay away from the 33". That blade is so big, it vibrates. They start at around $1300 for an electric start version (which you'd want - those big engines are a bear to pull over....)

RE200 - Riding Mowers - Snapper

This model has very good ergonomic control layout, an electric PTO, 30" cut and a REAL Hydrogear transmission - but it's very pricey. Nearly identical to the Simplicity version. Almost twice the price of the other one I mentioned at $2500......:shocked:

But, this is the price of insisting on a Snapper.....I hope your relative knows this...:laughing:

Last edited:

gpaintjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Reread my post.
Not recommending just pointing out what I have. I am sure the original poster would not buy a sledge hammer to drive a finish nail.:rolleyes:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Reread my post.
Not recommending just pointing out what I have. I am sure the original poster would not buy a sledge hammer to drive a finish nail.:rolleyes:

I was gonna say "It's like swatting a fly with a Buick" - but I like your analogy, too...:wink: :thumbsup:

Just seemed to me like a recommendation......talking about how it's not good on a bad back, etc.....

NJsnapper

Threads
for a 1/2 acre I would recommend the RE rider too. Mine works great for my land.