Kohler 22hp not starting

rogerp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Kohler 22hp single cylinder engine on my TroyBuilt. It will turn over but not fire. It has fuel and I replaced the plug. Any ideas on what the next step should be. The mower was purchased at Lowes a couple of years ago.

Thanks
Rogerp

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Please post the model numbers off the engine. Is this the courage engine. If so does it have the heat shield behind the carb bowl. There was a problem with the position of the muffler when MTD moved the muffler closer to the engine, that caused head damage to the fuel solenoid, even burning the insulation of the wire in some cases.

Kohler blamed it on the no head shield on the muffler causing heat damage to the solenoid. MTD said that the Kohler voltage regulator was overcharging, and burning out the solenoid. the bottom line came down to neither company would pay warranty repairs, and the customer had to fork out the money to repair a new mower.

rogerp

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is Courage 22, PS-SV620-3215, Troy Bilt Model13WX79KT

Thanks for the reply and info. It does look like it has a heat shield and the spark plug is recessed.

I have a Kohler 22hp single cylinder engine on my TroyBuilt. It will turn over but not fire. It has fuel and I replaced the plug. Any ideas on what the next step should be. The mower was purchased at Lowes a couple of years ago.

Thanks
Roger

rogerp

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is Courage 22, PS-SV620-3215, Troy Bilt Model13WX79KT

Thanks for the reply and info. It does look like it has a heat shield and the spark plug is recessed.

Thanks
Rogerp