87 octane with ethanol OR 91 octane ethanol free

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have non-ethanol gas available from 4 or 5 stations within 8 miles; the closest is about 2 miles away.
The straight stuff is less expensive here than the 10% blend back in Fla.....one of the perks
of living in an oil State....
Since moving here 3+ years ago carb/fuel related problems are only something which I remember!

Lawn Addict
Threads
A fading bad memory, same here we have so much Ag (farming) 100% gas is readily available.

And if I ever use a new location, I test the 100% gas to be what it says it is.

Rickcin

Threads
I use ethanol free in every thing I own.Write your State Representatives and ask why you are forced to buy gas with ethanol in it.It ruins engines,pollutes more and you get less mileage.Hint (can you say corn lobby!!!)Not only that but because the price has been driven up on corn,meat and dairy products.

We are forced to use it because politicians and big corporations are stuffing their pockets at our expense. It's a huge scam under the pretense of ecology, improving the environment, what a joke, it only improves their finances.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe that I have read that ethanol, this "renewable" energy source, consumes more energy to manufacture
that it produces.Plus, it uses significant quantities of corn that would otherwise have been used to feed cattle.
Thus, driving up the price of feed corn and beef.........

Your government: there to protect you from yourself in spite of yourself.................

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We are forced to use it because politicians and big corporations are stuffing their pockets at our expense. It's a huge scam under the pretense of ecology, improving the environment, what a joke, it only improves their finances.

No fan of ethanol either.
You either make the engine run on 100% ethanol like what we used to race with back till it got banned in the 80's or strait fuel, the two do not mix.
It is like being 1/2 pregnant .
Down here they are forcing it down our throats by mandating what percentage of total fuel sales has to be ethanol or they get fined and if they repeatidly fall short they loose their license to sell fuel.
When a no-ethanol station outsells the two nearby stations by a ration of near 2:1 despite being more expensive it says something that governments need to listen to if they want to remain governments.

AS an old ( totally unsuccessful ) bike racer, nothing would make me happier than to run my mower on Shell A + Castrol R.

OTOH in the country with the largest foreign debt on a per head of populations basis, anything that lowers the USA debt is a good thing cause if China called in the USA's debt every cent earned by every person in the USA for 5 years would have to go there to pay off the loans.
If Japan did the same it would take 12 years and you can add another one for the paper Korea holds.
Trying to find out how much paper the middle east holds is near impossible but I heard that Iran pre revolution held a massive amount of USA bonds as does Saudi Arabia.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
AS an old ( totally unsuccessful ) bike racer, nothing would make me happier than to run my mower on Shell A + Castrol R.
I used to be a bike racer.
I mostly raced on my Cannondale aluminum frame 14speed SR series bike w/Shimano Dura Ace components.
The only place for gas on that critter was in the digestive tract of the rider.............