Anybody use a tow behind Swisher???

OLBIKER

Threads
I have seen these on line,but do not know any one has any experience with them.Comments???Thanks ahead ,OB

mullins87

Threads
Well, I don't have a Swisher, but I did build a version of one for use behind my lawn tractor. I can mow a 7.5' path. The only real drawback I can think of is that if you're going to use it in your yard, then it needs to be wide open with few obstacles to mow around.

OLBIKER

Threads
Well, I don't have a Swisher, but I did build a version of one for use behind my lawn tractor. I can mow a 7.5' path. The only real drawback I can think of is that if you're going to use it in your yard, then it needs to be wide open with few obstacles to mow around.
i have about 5 acres to cut.3/4s is pretty open.I could just put a finishing mower on my tractor,but it is pretty heavy and would just dig ruts in it.

mullins87

Threads
When I said "lawn tractor", I didn't mean a tractor that you could use for farming, it's a 54" front engine rider, weighs around 650 lbs. The addition of the offset mower really cut down my mowing time on the back yard, from roughly 1.5 hrs to just over 45 minutes. I've thought about a 7' finish mower for my utility tractor, but like you mentioned I didn't want to tear up the yard.

Tindal

Threads
When I said "lawn tractor", I didn't mean a tractor that you could use for farming, it's a 54" front engine rider, weighs around 650 lbs. The addition of the offset mower really cut down my mowing time on the back yard, from roughly 1.5 hrs to just over 45 minutes. I've thought about a 7' finish mower for my utility tractor, but like you mentioned I didn't want to tear up the yard.

Yes , I have 2 - 60 inch with 18 HP that i pull behing a sears 54 inch 24 Hp - 6 speed hi-lo transmission . one on each side behind the mower . cutting about 14 feet wide . The mowers are staggered behind the tractor so the left one does not blow clippings directly on the right one . I have a 61 inch zero turn also , but this set up will cut fast in big open areas.

mullins87

Threads
Wow, I bet that's quite a rig!!!!!

szyg6h

Threads
I have seen these on line,but do not know any one has any experience with them.Comments???Thanks ahead ,OB

I use a tow behind DR Field and Brush mower for my "rough" areas. It is tough but I wish it had more lift on the grass. I pull it with my Honda Foreman ATV. Into my 5th year with it.

Brucebotti

Threads
Yes , I have 2 - 60 inch with 18 HP that i pull behing a sears 54 inch 24 Hp - 6 speed hi-lo transmission . one on each side behind the mower . cutting about 14 feet wide . The mowers are staggered behind the tractor so the left one does not blow clippings directly on the right one . I have a 61 inch zero turn also , but this set up will cut fast in big open areas.

Although I would never have a use for anything like this, it sounds awesome! Got any pics for us?
Thanks,
Bruce