2132 losing spark

taxidermist

Threads
I have a 2132 with a Kubota WG 600 B 3 cyl gas. I can get it to start and it shows good bright spark on my inline spark testers It will run for 2 to 5 min then stumble and start losing spark. When I try to restart it it shows weak spark and will only pop out of the carb every once in a while.

Thank you,
Rob

taxidermist

Threads
I switched the coil and it still does the same thing.

Rob

Ended up being a bad igniter in the distributor. It would die and show very week spark. I was told it goes bad if the 2 breather tubes in the cap get plugged. Mine were both plugged with mud wasp nest. I was able to find a new cap, rotor,plug wires and dist. for 200 on e bay the igniter alone was 180.

Rob

gary sr

Threads
you know that's whats going on with mine except we cannot get it started at all. I changed cap, rotor, and plugs. the spark will seem great on all 3 plugs then goes off the wall with erratic firing some so weak you can hardly see. then back to blue and bright again. but with not getting fuel to go with the spark we are worse off than that. thanks for reading

taxidermist

Threads
you know that's whats going on with mine except we cannot get it started at all. I changed cap, rotor, and plugs. the spark will seem great on all 3 plugs then goes off the wall with erratic firing some so weak you can hardly see. then back to blue and bright again. but with not getting fuel to go with the spark we are worse off than that. thanks for reading

That was what this one was doing also. I did have fuel so mine would run.

Find the bottom of the carb and you will see a solenoid turn the key to the " ON" pos and listen for a click from the solenoid. This opens to allow fuel the main jet in the carb.

Rob

gary sr

Threads
thanks for the reply Taxidermist, I have checked that ( solenoid ) and it is working fine. That is one sound I have come to listen for every time. had issues before from those. thanks again

gary sr

Threads
mower fixed now, bad module in the distributor

sehitchman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to thank the posters in this discussion. I have a Steiner, with the WG600 and over the last few months, it would die, not start or run rough. Last fall it just quit running all together. Needing it for some work recently, I pulled it out of the shed and started my diagnostics without success. I did all the easy things, checked and bypassed safety switches, replaced coil, plugs wires cap rotor. Nothing, no spark to the plugs! After searching the interwebs, I found this thread, started looking at the distributor, random or zero spark. Finally ordered a new distributor, $405 shipped, the ignition module was $340 by itself. Just installed it and the Kubota fired right up! So I'm back in business! Thanks!