Scag Mower Fuse Problems... Please Help!!!

clcooper1984

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Scag zero turn mower and the fuses keep blowing 20-30 minutes into mowing my yard. It will die in the middle of mowing. We have checked the wires to make sure nothing was touching or stripped and didn't find anything. I blew 5 fuses in the middle of trying to mow my yard the other day. I will start and the fuse will blow in the middle of mowing the grass. So I'd change the fuse and 10-15 minutes later the same thing would happen. Any Suggestions?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Worked on turf tiger back in May, that would blow the first fuse about 45 minutes into mowing, and would get shorter between fuses blowing the longer he mowed, until they would blow about every 5 minutes. Ended up having an intermittent short in the electric clutch. You had to check for the short shortly after it happened, because it would not show the short 10 minutes after cooling.

chance123

Threads
Last summer someone else had the same exact problem as have I. I responded what I had to do. I was told by my distributor that if there were no shorts, to go up on the fuses amp rating. I am not saying you should do the same, but I do warranty work for Scag and in my cases, all shorts and possible shorts were eliminated and verified.

clcooper1984

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much for the advise!!!!