Mow, move snow, or both?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will add a front quick hitch, 60"broom, 54" hydraulic blade, 647 tiller and 48" custom landplane this year to the X749. So far this little mower has been a great help for me in the tight quarters I have to work.

Are those small brooms any good in light snow?
If so how much will they work will with? KennyV

jenkinsph

Threads
Are those small brooms any good in light snow?
If so how much will they work will with? KennyV

Tried one out at the dealer last fall and was impressed with it, supposed to work with a couple of inches of the white stuff. My plan is to blade first and clean up with the broom. On rare occasions I might need a blower, not enough to justify the costs in my locale. The broom can be used year round and sometimes the blade might be handy for my work.

grnspot110

Threads
Depends on the job, which tractor (or mower) I use! Don't have the 140 w/loader anymore, have a JD 790 w/loader instead;

Attachments

• GARDEN TRACTORS II 052 (Custom).jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS II 052 (Custom).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 12

jenkinsph

Threads
grnspot, I like your dog, isn't named Spot by any chance?:biggrin:

danvan54

Forum Newbie
Threads
How many of the JD owners here use their green machine for only mowing, for just snow removal, or for both? Mine does both.
Long ago and far away..... I sold Deere Lawn equipment and am a loyal, green-blooded fan!
I currently have a 240 GT that mows when it's green and plows when it's white, tractor does a great
job of both.
Also am restoring a 316 so that my son can get the 240 soon.

greengrass

Threads
I have caught a few neighbors doing both but from speaking with them they must have gotten their machines with bad prices or were ripped off. When I started researching one neighbor had spent almost 3x the normal retail price. :frown:

jenkinsph

Threads
I am starting to get anxious to mow a green lawn.:biggrin:
Anybody else?

caliber1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am starting to get anxious to mow a green lawn.:biggrin:
Anybody else?

Come on down, it's supposed to rain all day today, so it won't be long. The weeds already neet cut. Just painted the 1072R Sunday, gonna haul it home tonight and hook it up for ya. :biggrin:

jenkinsph

Threads
Come on down, it's supposed to rain all day today, so it won't be long. The weeds already neet cut. Just painted the 1072R Sunday, gonna haul it home tonight and hook it up for ya. :biggrin:

Hmmmm, how's the fishing this time of year? I am ready for that too.:biggrin: Grew up in New Orleans, used to fish the Gulf alot. Gotta make it worth my while.:laughing: